Detailed Region Maps [SPOILERS]

Yes for example in ML the Lake Cabins are switching from burned to not burned.

In CH randomization occurs in waterfront cottages, coastal houses, fishing camps and in the cabins right below the abandoned lookout.

In PV randomization occurs in rural crossroads for the houses next to the bridge.

I hope that I dont forget any randomized location. Maybe thats all.

This is a really nice touch from the devs - one I completely missed. Thanks for explaining :) I'll investigate the different locations and adjust the maps accordingly :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated the Mystery Lake map with some more spawn points, log locations and the edge border. I also added descriptive text to the couple of prepper caches I have been able to confirm the types of so far. I have also fixed a few missing/inaccurate text labels.

If anyone knows if there is more than the one bear spawn I found south-east (Mystery Lake), I'd be happy to hear it.

I updated the Mystery Lake map with some more spawn points, log locations and the edge border. I also added descriptive text to the couple of prepper caches I have been able to confirm the types of so far.

The bunker types on Mystery Lake are as follows:

Lookout area (Northwest corner of map)

- farthest west is A

- east on is F

Northwest of Unnamed Pond is A

Southwest of Unnamed Pond is A

Southeast of Unnamed Pond is B

West of hydro dam is E

In the hill southwest of the dam is A

Northeast corner of Mystery Lake is C

Southwest corner of Mystery Lake is D

Bunker Types:

A - Food

B - Hunting

C - Tools

D - Medical

E - Clothing

F - Firewood

I hope this helps.

Nicely done! You did a fantastic job including everything. I love all the icons more and more!

I do notice a couple things but my information isn't complete: There's a possible deer carcass either near the log sort or fishing camp, can't remember which. :? There's a fireplace in one of the waterfront cottages and one of the island houses, I think jackrabbit island. I get the two confused.

Thank you :) I seem to remember a fireplace too at Jackrabbit so I'll investigate and add this. I'll look out for the carcass too. Edit: It seems there are no fireplaces in either house on the islands. I wasn't able to locate an additional carcass near either camp either.

I also think I'm missing a couple of bear spawns, but haven't been able to find the western caves they belong to (if they have caves).

Dang, probably got it confused with one of the other bajillion houses :?

I double checked and the possible corpse spawn was definitely Fishing Camp

I searched every rock crevice, overhang, nook, and cranny for an actual bear cave on the western side of the map and even followed around the bear for awhile in the hopes it would lead me home with no luck. I've seen other people mention seeing it, so I'll have to look again.

In an effort to be more helpful & accurate, I did a lot of coord screencapping for Mystery Lake:

Possible Corpse Spawns:

Forestry Lookout at the top, near the lookout itself (434, 1025)

Lake Trail (1016, 232)

Dave's Silent Clearing

Unnamed Pond, by the hunter's blind (131, 674)

Outside of the Lake Cabins (the middle set) (1582, 58)

Ice Fishing Hut (1385, 199)

Outside the Camp Office (1050, 481)

Train Bridge near Carter Hydro Dam (1518, 1287)

Logging Camp inside on a bed - the coords I screencapped for this are somehow totally wrong/bugged

Saplings:

Maple near Carter Hydro Dam by the bridge (1560, 1342)

Maple between Deadfall & Unnamed Pond (579, 608)

Birch between Deadfall & Unnamed Pond (557, 473)

Birch near Unnamed Pond (165, 556)

Birch near Train Unloading Area & maple spawn in that area (1290, 1449)

Birch next to Trapper's Homestead (-18, 65)

Misc:

Deer corpse in front of the Carter Hydro Dam (1668, 1336)

First aid spawns near Train Unloading (744, -116) and Derailment (986, 892)

Possible rifle spawn near corpse on Lake Trail (1016, 232)

Rabbits spawn in a little flat area near the river southern access (1476, 588)

The southeast bear spawn is more north, near Lonely Lake Cabin (1625, 495) These coords are its teeny tiny cave! :D See attached - maybe we're just missing a similarly tiny cave for the other caveless bears?

56ce2248bd231_screen_(162521495)960x540.

In an effort to be more helpful & accurate, I did a lot of coord screencapping for Mystery Lake:

<>

First aid spawns near Train Unloading (744, -116) and Derailment (986, 892)

<>

The southeast bear spawn is more north, near Lonely Lake Cabin (1625, 495) These coords are its teeny tiny cave! :D See attached - maybe we're just missing a similarly tiny cave for the other caveless bears?

Thank you so much for taking the time to help :) I have added the spawns with a couple of exceptions. The First aid spawns I only add permanent ones, and I'm unsure if those two you mention spawn in every game.

As for the bears - if they do all have caves they are surely well hidden. Nice find on the south-east one! :)

For Coastal Highway I will look out for the deer corpse so I can grab the coordinates.

Most of the work is done, some transition zones remaining and you will be worlds first to create a universal map :P

Well done for your dedication, consistency and fullness of your maps.

Thank you :)

I had a look at an overall map and there are some issues with that. First is that the coordinates don't match up, so you can't determine their location in relation to each other. Second is that it looks like Pleasant Valley would have to be upside down - or possibly beneath its connected areas for the transition to make sense. In other words an overall map wouldn't make much sense at this point unfortunately.

Looking at your PV map, you're missing a prepper cache (the last one we found), and the one marked "Unknown" is a type A (food).

See my map for the location (northeast quadrant of map). That one is type C (tools).

Looks awesome though - nice job!

Thank you! I have added these - plus the one south-west of the pensive pond I seem to have missed too :)

All maps are updated with reworking and adjustments.

If you have used the old ones you'll notice some new/changed icons and POIs - among other things I added:

• firestriker/magnifying glass/red toolbox possible spawns
  • buildings that are randomly burned/closed/open
  • changed icons for rose hips, lichen, maple & birch branches, birch bark and cat tails
  • changed icons for caves
  • new POI deer area
  • new POI possible starter location

I also fixed some cosmetic issues and some not-so-straight guidelines.

Thanks for all the comments and additions. They are extremely helpful :)

These are all EXCELLENT! Well done!

I made this account just to say thank you, and tell you how great these are.

Additionally, if you are planning on adding Wolf Spawns on the map I have a few on the Coastal Highway for you: 2 Spawn in the town, 1 near the centre, 1 on the coast side of the road across from the gas station. Another spawns where you have the corpse marked near the Fishing Camp. Lastly 1 or 2 spawn among the Waterfront Cottages.

Hope this helps.

Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All maps have been updated and I have added 3 maps of each region with different levels of spoiler-friendliness.

With the number of maps I have also chosen to relocate them to be only on The Long Dark's page on Steam since I then just have to update one place :)

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =530202531

Preview:

CWyY_8TWUAIJxYo.jpg

I am also working on finishing the Timberwolf Mountain maps :)

Archived