Game Crash in ML>PV Cave

illinus

During my first journey from ML to PV via dam, Carter River, and finally the cave transition, the game crashed after loading the cave interior. After I enter, the graphics flash and the screen freezes. I tried re-loading a few different times. The graphics 'flash' was a little different each time. Sometimes fractured/slashed, sometimes all the forms in the cave became white but maintained their shape outline. Sometimes all black. I am able to walk and can hear the audio from my movements but only for a few seconds before the game crashes and quits. Had rifle out at the time. I was unable to take a screenshot, it was unresponsive in the cave entrance.

This problem was SOLVED by lowering my graphics quality from Ultra to Medium. Had posted earlier in reddit and patrickhinterland advised to cross-post here.

Hi illinus

Could you please attached your debug output file to this thread

On PC, the log is written to the data directory for the game. For Steam, this would look like:

C:\TheDirectoryYouInstalledSteamTo\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\output_log.txt

For Mac, the debug log is written to: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Note that ~ above is your home folder (little house icon).

It's possible the Library folder will be hidden. You can make it show up by typing the following into Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

You can also try some of the steps to check listed at viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7888

Thank You :)

Archived