Killing a Bear with Lit Flare?

selfless

So I wanted to test the bear's death march. Would it behave like the new wolf with the sad limping stride before death?

Shot bear with rifle from cover. Bear sprints away, blood trail. Followed very far. Starts to snow. Trail disappears. Spot bear anyway, walking back toward where I shot him. Light flare. Walk toward bear, he sees me. Throw flare at bear, he runs behind rock outcropping. Track his blood to his body.

But here's the weird part. He was not bleeding when I found him walking (no blood trail). He immediately began bleeding when running away from flare and died shortly after.

If I had not reactivated bleeding by throwing the flare, would he have survived?

Very interesting question!

I've had the exact opposite case:

Tried to kill a Bear with the bow (have not used the gun once in a nearly 300 day run).

After the first hit: Bear runs off...turns arround and wanders towards me.

After the second hit: Same behaviour.

After the third hit: Bear charges me...maules me to 7% and leaves me bleeding in the snow.

I managed to recover from that attack...

After all the hits I would have had assumed that the Bear would be laying dead on the coast after my recovery time...but NOPE!

He must have recovered from the fight too because on my second attempt he took four Arrows and bleeded to death within two or tree hours.

I'm just wandering if Bears do have medical equipment too... :roll:

Tried again. Shot bear from what I think is cover. Not. He sees and charges around the rock I'm on to the climbable side. I jump off, sprain ankle. Limp back and forth trying to keep rock between him and me. Fail. Mauled. Wake up. Bear is strolling away. Light flare and throw it at him. He runs.

Blood trail begins where I threw the flare. No blood for all the running after being shot. No blood walking away from me. Only when scared by flare.

Went to recover at camp. Came back 20 hours later. Can't find a body but definitely no live bear where one should exist. I'm thinking he's dead in the hills somewhere. Need clear weather to find him...

Archived