Birch and Maple respawn

CubertFarnsworth

Saplings do not respawn. Wildlife and limbs/branches/sticks will be the only natural element to respawn.

That's a bit odd isn't it? why wouldn't saplings re-grow over time? our bows and arrows break down over time so unless the saplings re-grow we have no way of re-crafting them (on same map). Also when a bow becomes broken/weak, seems we can't fix it or break it down?

also I'm sure the cat tails do re-grow over a time period, can that be confirmed as well? thank you :)

why wouldn't saplings re-grow over time?

Because they're living trees and those do not do much growing in winter. Basically they grow in spring-summer, prepare for rest in autumn, and just survive in winter.

ha I keep time warping for some odd reason. but yeh makes sense now thanks :)

really, we should be able to make arrow-shafts out of almost anything straight. I use phragmite reed shafts. You could also use cattail shafts.

Or, make multiple shafts from one birch sapling. That is what would be done in "real life", you wouldn't just carve down the entire sapling for one shaft. Split it (probably into quarters), then shave down each quarter into an arrowshaft.

Yeah i see where you coming from with it being winter and so they wouldnt regrow but maybe if they added new sapling spawns after surviving 6 months or so.

Also is it really winter time? Could be debateable,as theres more daylight hours than darkness,so with that said could be interesting for longer survival periods if they introduced less daylight the more you survive ie ihour extra darkness each week or so, could be interesting

Archived