Four days in Cody Lundin style

TarjaS

I started a Voyageur run after a long time playing in Pilgrim. Didn't get into much trouble in Mystery Lake and managed to cross the Ravine safely, only to get mauled by a bear in the Fishing Camp at Coastal Highway. 9% condition and only long underwear and toque left is no laughing matter, but I survived.

What followed was a four day search for boots. I managed to find most other clothing items within a day or two, but of course when you need them the most, you just cannot find any boots.

So, I dashed around at the islands and the townsite in wool socks, trying to keep the exposure at minimum, except when the houses were very close to each other. Then I deliberately dashed from one to another during a blizzard to minimize the wolf risk.

It actually took four days to find basic boots in 28% condition (at the house up the hill). Had to sacrifice a vest to get them repaired, but now it's all good again. Not sure where I'll be heading next, but I sure will keep my eye on those damn bears. At least you can hear a wolf coming. The bear came from out of nowhere, without any warning.

Yes, bears are dangerous in TLD! Found that out the hard way. They do make some noise when they come after you I think, but it's not nearly as clear as with the wolves. Watch out for those silent ninja bear attacks!

I once lost my boots while fishing for several hours when a blizzard set in. I figured I was protected inside the fishing cabin, but apparently I wasn't. It took me almost a week to find a pair of shoes.

What I found rather strange at that time was that it didn't really matter that I had no shoes. My other clothes kept me warm enough so I was running around on my socks on snow and ice for days on end and that never was a problem. If I were to do something like that IRL I would probably loose my feet. I wouldn't mind if a mechanism was added that would take into account unprotected body parts.

Archived