Making arrow heads in crafting menu?

TWM

Maybe I'm tired, or maybe I'm just going blind, but I can't seem to find the option for crafting arrow heads in the Crafting Menu anymore.

I've got 14 tabs, and crafting an arrow head doesn't seem to be among them.

Curiouser and curiouser...

So arrow head can now only be made at the forge? That makes zero sense. Zero.

Hauling around materials over several maps is hardly cost-effective. I've already died trying to get a modest amount of coal to the forge.

Getting loads of coal to the forge in order to make arrow heads which I can then schlepp back to the several maps where I have my arrow shafts makes no sense whatsoever.

I agree that now having to go to the forge in order to craft arrow heads is indeed lame... at least if I have to go to the forge to craft arrow heads they ought to be wickedly pointed and sharp, maybe heavier even than a standard arrow head. maybe they can change up killing a deer to require two standard arrow heads as compared to a forge created arrow head. kind of the difference between a target/practice arrow vs. a three point bladed hunting arrow.

I saw someone on steam say to have arrow heads craft able at both tables and forges. He said to have the forge arrow heads stronger and have more bleeding power. And the table arrow heads be more rudimentary and maybe a slower bleed out. Or maybe have forging arrow heads makes multiple heads, and only one when at a table

I just posted this on the steam forums and am going to copy and paste it here

Originally posted by Hinterland_Studio:

For a while now, our mechanics have evolved to support the logical transition from scavenging to self-sufficiency. At some point, this means being able to make things, vs. only being dependent on what is in the world. We'll never be a crafting game, but we think the forge opens up the door to improvising tools that would otherwise be difficult to contextualize.

Agreed that the forge does just as stated

BUT, even primitive man crafted arrowheads and fish hooks, without metal.

Granted, knapping flint to make an arrowhead would be a very difficult job, I have watched people knap flint in real life, but there should be a compromise.

We have tools to use and a piece of scrap metal and a file and one could create an arrowhead suffecient enough to at least penetrate an animals skin and scare it away or make it eventually bleed out.

What about bones for fishhooks?

IMHO The forge was a GREAT Addition, but not for the arrowheads and hooks. The forge should be able to make "beefed" up hatchet heads, that do not degrade as fast, same thing with knife blades. Craft BETTER arrowheads at the forge.

And lastly IMHO, that perhaps a new player would be "very" frustrated to realize he was going to have to unlock otherregions to be able to craft an arrowhead and fishhook? He starts playing, finds the maple and birch saplings, has the crow feathers, then realizes he cant craft an arrow unless he makes it to the new region?

Would he post a negative review based on his frustration?

The forge should be for "beefed" up tools and weapons, and whatever else you decide to implement in the future or forging a new knife or hatchet as you have depleted those already in the game.

The game took a step back in taking the arrowheads and fish hooks from the workbench IMHO

Quick update, was only going on what i had read and thought the fish hooks were removed from the workbench as well.

But my feelings about the arrowheads remain the same

Archived