Rifle Bunker

MueckE

I decided to start a fresh run and wanted to make sure i start this time with the rifle-bunker.

(want to kill as many wolves as possible within 100 days :D )

In ML the rifle-bunker is the one above the rails at camp office, but it doesnt spawn for me for some

reason. I started at least 20 times a new game and checked the location right away but it didnt spawn.

So my question is, did the location change (all other locations still exist) or is it just the "random luck"

because 20 times is not enough?

Ofc there are 9 possible spawnlocations and i tried only 20 times, but shouldnt it be enough?

I just hate it to find one of the food-bunker in stalker mode :D and if i dont find alot of ammo right away

i will not kill so much wolves within the 100 days (challenge)

I find the statistics in the game are a bit wonky. I've started fires in stoves with a posted 70% chance of success and taken 4 tries to do it. And whatever the odds are for getting food poisoning, I've beaten the stuffing out of them because I didn't even know it was possible until I saw it discussed on these boards.

I like to find the rifle as early as possible too, but my strategy is to run around to the most likely locations during the "grace period" at the start of the game. Doesn't always work, but it might be more fun than quitting and restarting a bunch of times.

Nevermind, at my 24th attempt it spawned

Normally it is pretty easy to find a rifle within the first ingame day (and ammo), i know.

But as i said, i try out new challenges and this time it is: Kill as many wolves as possible within the first

100 days.

So i dont want to waste time on scavenging all maps for ammo, but begin the killing spree right at the first

day :mrgreen:

Mystery Lake is the best therefor because i am faster at the bunkerspawn as in Pleasant Valley. The wolves

are closer too. Alone between Camp Office and Hydro Dam are 5 wolves every 3 days and 4 more on the lake

(so potentially 9 wolves per 3 days only here :D ) a few hours of time i will need to gather more ammo and craft

the bow, but with the bunker i think i can raise the kills in that time

No rifle or just the bunker?

You will always find a rifle! I can remember that i didnt find a rifle in ML in one of my runs a few months ago, but

than 2 in PV.

I was talking about the bunker (hatch) that randomly spawns at one of 9 locations in ML and one in PV.

Which type of bunker depends on the location it spawns

The bunker with 2 rifles and lots of ammo in ML is located behind the railway at camp office.

But as i said, the chance that exactly this bunker will spawn is 1 to 9. ;)

The rifles can spawn in some pretty weird places. I've found one by the burned out campfire under the bridge by the dam, and leaning against the back of the isolated cabin by the lake (in ML).

yeah I found them aswell....that bunker is that the one fairly close to dead fall on the ridge?

Archived