The Long Dark Sandbox -- Hotfixed to v.265

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Hello! We've just hotfixed yesterday's big update, "Desolation Point", to fix a few issues.

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX UPDATED to v265 CHANGELIST

* Fixed crash issue that could occur when re-loading certain interiors.

* Fixed problem with UI text shrinking at certain resolutions.

* Fixed issue with UI elements not being clickable at certain resolutions

###END OF CHANGELIST###

Has this been applied to the Xbox One? I have a character who is 80 days in and when the game got updated, it glitched. I'm at the Pleasant Valley Farmstead and after going hunting I came back, but when I tried to get inside, the entire screen just went black. I can still hear everything, but the screen is black. It also disabled my survival screen and pause screen. I really don't want to restart after putting this much time into a survivor, please help!

Has this been applied to the Xbox One? I have a character who is 80 days in and when the game got updated, it glitched. I'm at the Pleasant Valley Farmstead and after going hunting I came back, but when I tried to get inside, the entire screen just went black. I can still hear everything, but the screen is black. It also disabled my survival screen and pause screen. I really don't want to restart after putting this much time into a survivor, please help!

This patch has not yet uploaded to XBox, but we expect it to be pushed out in the next couple of days. We'll be sure to announce when this happens. Sorry you've run into this issue!

For future reference, here are the tech forums -- This is the best place to post bugs and other issues: viewforum.php?f=96

This patch has not yet uploaded to XBox, but we expect it to be pushed out in the next couple of days. We'll be sure to announce when this happens. Sorry you've run into this issue!

For future reference, here are the tech forums -- This is the best place to post bugs and other issues: http://hinterlandforums.com/viewforum.php?f=96

Thank you for the updates! I just had the black screen glitch happen to me at the PV farmhouse last night, so it's good to know a patch is coming.

Just got the download. Thanks. One hiccup though. Experienced the black screen at the PV farmhouse. After the download, farmhouse was active. But when leaving and returning, all the stuff I saved was replaced with a reset farmhouse. All furniture was returned along with unsearched cabinets, drawers, etc. Meat, animal hides, and other items saved were all gone. Also noticed everything outside was reset as well. Not a major problem but a bit disappointed. Just a heads up.

Just got the download. Thanks. One hiccup though. Experienced the black screen at the PV farmhouse. After the download, farmhouse was active. But when leaving and returning, all the stuff I saved was replaced with a reset farmhouse. All furniture was returned along with unsearched cabinets, drawers, etc. Meat, animal hides, and other items saved were all gone. Also noticed everything outside was reset as well. Not a major problem but a bit disappointed. Just a heads up.

Would be useful to know what system you're on (I'm guessing XBox?). If so, this is a known issue, and we're definitely working to avoid it in the future. Best place to report technical issues is in the technical forum here. Thanks!

Would be useful to know what system you're on (I'm guessing XBox?). If so, this is a known issue, and we're definitely working to avoid it in the future. Best place to report technical issues is in the technical forum here. Thanks!

I reported the same issue on the technical page. Whole valley reset, which is hilarious to me as I was planning on moving on, because everything was pretty picked clean. Suddenly, it's all back! Sure, my stockpile is gone, but I'm still wearing my crafted clothes, and had some decent gear in my pack, so I'm doing a little better than I would be just "starting over". :-D

I just have to find a gun again...

Yes I am on Xbox...noticed another glitch. Game saves under 'resume' at the most recent play. But game does not save under the 'load' menu. Seems to coincide with a constant processing circle that shows up on the right side of the screen. Actually found this out by dumb luck when I almost died and reloaded the game which sent me back about 30 days game time. Will post this under tech issues forum also. Thanks

Archived