Where's the forge?

ChillPlayer

I think there's another one in the big building too. But can't figure out how to use it. I fired it up, added the coal and then what? Could not insert scrap metal. Could drop, pick up, but not place it in furnace. Did see an option button, but grayed out. Not hot enough? Was about 750 degrees or so. Once you get the metal in, then what? Saw no bench.

I think there's another one in the big building too. But can't figure out how to use it. I fired it up, added the coal and then what? Could not insert scrap metal. Could drop, pick up, but not place it in furnace. Did see an option button, but grayed out. Not hot enough? Was about 750 degrees or so. Once you get the metal in, then what? Saw no bench.

The forge is above the furnace. Once you get the furnace hot enough you can forge equipment, just look above the furnace where you put your wood and coal. I believe it needs to be 150 Celsius.

Some other facts you might want to know about how to use the furnace. I'll put it in spoiler tags so people can still figure it out by themselfs - which I didn't btw, credits go to Scyzara for helping me out:

[spoil]1. Furnace has to be heated to 150C before you can use it

2. One piece of coal adds 20C heat

3. You can pre heat the oven up to ~90 degrees with only wood - but you need a lot of it. This is handy if you don't have 7 pieces of coal with you

4. Temperature does not go down as long as the fire burns, simply add wood to keep it running

5. You need the hammer to be able to forge anything[/spoil]

Is that the only forge? I see that you now need to craft at the forge. There should be a forge in every majer area. I would suggest the dam in ML, the red barn in PV, and the gas station in CH. If they do not add more forges, then they need to return arrowheads to the work bench menu.

Archived