Blackout when aiming w/ rifle

NinJay

Alright, this bug is weird and inconsistent, so I'll just tell you the tale of what happened.

I was against the door of the gas station, trusty rifle in hand (which has served my well my entire game), and I decide I'm going to harass a not-too-distant bear. As soon as I right clicked to aim, bam, I was teleported to another dimension. I thought I maybe clipped through the building? So I quit and reloaded my save. Then I started documenting what was happening. I can't upload the files here, I think they're too large, so here's a zip file with them all. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34550323/Rifle%20Aiming%20bug.zip

Image 1: Immediately after I loaded my save.

Image 2: Immediately after right clicking. Note that I can no longer interact with the bed, even though I have not turned.

Image 3: Hitting tab still brings up everything, and I can still hear the shuffling and zipping sounds. But, like I said, nothing for the bed.

Game reloaded.

Image 4: I head outside.

Image 5: Try to aim and I'm sent into the void again. I am able to hear myself move and listen to the environment.

Game reloaded.

Image 6: I wanted to try interacting with the bed again, but then what the heck it fixed itself. I could aim fine outside too.

Image 7: I made it back to the gas station just fine, but as you can see, all the trees must have sucked the endless void out of my rifle, even after entering and leaving the building. Also, no bear was anywhere in sight this time..

I should also probably mention that I never exited the game in all of this, just reload the same save multiple times.

So, yeah, I don't know what to make of it. Good luck, I guess..? If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Archived