Thanks for All the Work!

Uncle Boom

Yo Yo Yo!

Last time I posted -I'm not gonna lie... I was MAD.

The Wolves to me seemed broken and OP, I was FED UP with enjoying Every Single Other Part of the TLD experience - yet Dying to wolves who could dodge even my best ADS Shot. I SWORE I would not play at all until it was changed, fueled mostly by my absolute conviction that a single wolf would not take me out IRL if I was ready - with a loaded rifle no less!

But after Deep Forest, I am THRILLED to return to TLD again.

I had actually played it a little during my sworn period of exile, I'll admit. I made torches, and used them to a great effect - I really like that addition, it made me feel like I FINALLY had a chance against the wolves. I hope that you guys keep the torches in, if perhaps tuning the mechanic to use the new running stamina instead of a fatigue penalty...

Using the torches and some careful tactics, I had managed a new Personal Best, some 16 days, Deerskin Boots and Pants, even a successful tromp out of ML to the Highway... I hit the first trailer and saved the game.

More than a month away from TLD all together - I Just booted it up and had a go.

Survived No Less than 3 wolf attacks - although the one button struggle seems wonky - I like the 2 button design from before - but the preparations I had made in the way of ample medical equipment and lichen-bandages really paid off. I Died after getting greedy - trying to strip the last pelt off of a wolf I killed while at only 10% condition... froze to death on my way into the gas station where my fire was already made x]

It Was FUN!!

I think the new wolf mechanic - while possibly not being AS hair raising and tense as before - is Awesome. It will help people learn, can still catch you by surprise, and still carries a heavy cost to a player's prospect of survival. With the new focus of curing pelts, and gathering materials, it seems properly suited for the challenge that the game presents - not like it was before - where you had TLD and the Monster Instant Death Menace.

Anyway, THANK YOU HINTERLAND! --- What a Great Game!

I wanted to take some time and share some Positive Feedback after all of the rants I have gone on in the past x]

Thanks Again to Everyone working on TLD - THE BEST Survival Game I have Played!

Your Pal,

Uncle Boom

Archived