Playing with bear and burned my fingers

Denyo

I still am in shoque. :o I was at Pleasant Valley Farmstead and was intended to go colect some wood.I did exit trough kitchen double door.When I opened porch door,I first heared steps of bear,then I noticed him.As I have more than enough deer meat,I just wanted to observe him,as I ussually do.Ussually I leave porch door open and move myself deeper inside,so he cannot reach me.Today I decided to provoke him with standing at the edge of the door.Two times bear charged me and stopped,when I moved thick to entrance door.Third time,when I stepped abit outside and when he charged after me,I moved again thick close to second,entrance door.This time bear entered the porch and started to maul me.Ok,I got,what I deserved,playing with him.Here I have one question: Does now bear,after Hotfix v257,enter the porch intentionally or was that a bug? Entrance door are about 1m away from porch door,so bear must step inside,to get me.I feel sorry,that I didn`t record this attack,but since update to Windows 10,Bandicam records only blacked videos and screenshoots.And I don`t know,how to fix that.

But,most of all I was shoqued,what happened after attack.Bear left me with 8% condition and when I entered the kitchen,it dropped to 6%.I healed myself and condition stopped dropping down.But,holly crap!!! I was not abble to see anything arround me!! Screen infront of me was so blurred,that none of object`s contures could not be recognised.I pressed W for forward,but nothing on screen showed,that I moved at all.Movement then came after delay of 30 sec,but I could not recognize,where the heck I am! I wanted to get rest,but in this condition,with this much blurred screen,no way that I can find upstairs and bed.So I just went relying on luck and tried to find bedroll in living room.Only thing,I could recognize in this messy bluring scene,was barely seen light from window.I just prayed,that it is window from living room and I moved mouse,in hope that I have it pointed on the floor.I guess I really had enormous luck,coz after three minutes of real time searching,reticle appeared and found bedroll.Then I picked up and tried to place it down.Of course,I was founding only invalid locations,as I could not see anything! And,to make it worse,now in that blured screen,remained also blurred image of picked rolled bedroll,which made things even more messy.I could not see actuall bedroll,neither its changing of colours from red to green,which would indicate,that I found valid place for it.I resigned and just tried with blind clicking to find valid place.I said to myself to try few times more,and if I don`t find it,just close game and give up on this awesome long run.

Really,Fortuna had to be strongly on my side,as after alot of time I finaly found somehow valid place.I found out that by sound of placed bedroll.Only with enormous luck I survived this. :)

Now...I really don`t know,if that was a bug or my low graphical settings or what? :o

Ok...I was just watching Scyzara stream,as we wanted to test near death vision at her case.She let bear maul her and then drop condition to 6%,as it was in my case.And in her case,vision was way,way much clearer,than in my case.

Now,there is a question...was that a bug in my case,which caused such unrecognisable blur,or has that something to do with my weak graphical card.I would really want to find out,why in my case screen was so nonrecognisable.

Just had myself mauled by a bear as well and everything looked blurred yet fine.^^

Felt a bit like playing dead drunk, but was definitely a fun experience. ;)

I guess your problems were either caused by a bug or because it was too dark inside the farmstead, Denyo.

blurred_vision.thumb.jpg.84e861024beb0dc

I too have fell victim to a bear attack while standing on the porch at the PV farmstead. However, I shot him from well within the 'safety' of the porch (backed up near the house door). Once I healed, I came outside to find him dead in the front yard. I also found some of my items (a knife, bandage, and a flare) that I had been carrying on the ground outside of the porch door, just beyond the steps - very strange..

Also, the motion blur does seem to be a bit much to me. Since it is a 2d filter, perhaps it is related to the video card manufacturer? I mention this because there are differences in the way different manufacturers implement instruction sets. We could also try different rendering methods to see if it changes (i.e. OpenGL, dx9, dx11). I use an NVidia card, but I have only used DX11 since the update...

Archived