Can Anyone Confirm or Deny Maple/Birch Groves in ML?

dasrunt

Until then Ill just shoot some bears which now kindly walk up to my doorstep :P

lol, I take it you're staying in the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse, too? I've killed three bears who just saunter up to my car like it's got the honey. One of them wandered further and I shot it from the windowed porch. Straight from the kill to my fridge! Very convenient.

lol, I take it you're staying in the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse, too? I've killed three bears who just saunter up to my car like it's got the honey. One of them wandered further and I shot it from the windowed porch. Straight from the kill to my fridge! Very convenient.

They just walk to my stomach easily. And i found out that we can use flare to chase them toward the house much faster than let them walk after you.

Here are a few things for you guys:

All sapling types spawn across every map. They do not always spawn in the same place.

We did confirm there is a bug as far as saplings not appearing in old saves is concerned. We are working on this, and expect it to be taken care of in our next hotfix. Hopefully that will make it easier for those of you operating on an old save, and keep you from having to start a new game.

Those of you working from a new save, keep looking! They're out there!

Until then Ill just shoot some bears which now kindly walk up to my doorstep :P

Yup yup. I think it's one of the best places to be. all the wildlife you can wish for within reach (though rabbits really dislike my snares somehow). And not too far from transition zones / other maps. Sort of safe from wolves (Other "bases" were lake office, and one of the coastal highway houses)...The farmhouse is much safer.

We did confirm there is a bug as far as saplings not appearing in old saves is concerned. We are working on this, and expect it to be taken care of in our next hotfix.

Thanks Hinterland team for the quick follow-up! Looking forward to the next hotfix.

Yup yup. I think it's one of the best places to be. all the wildlife you can wish for within reach (though rabbits really dislike my snares somehow). And not too far from transition zones / other maps. Sort of safe from wolves (Other "bases" were lake office, and one of the coastal highway houses)...The farmhouse is much safer.

Yeah, when I first found it, I knew I had found "home." What's funny is that I didn't even notice the cellar door until after I had been staying there a week! Now the cellar, with its workbench, has become my hide tanning studio. I love the farmhouse.

Yeah, when I first found it, I knew I had found "home." What's funny is that I didn't even notice the cellar door until after I had been staying there a week! Now the cellar, with its workbench, has become my hide tanning studio. I love the farmhouse.

True that.... true that :)

hmm, I just can´t find any birch saplings. i´ve been searching for hours now on every map.

I also wondered if my old save is corrupt, but i found some maple saplings and a lot of crow feathers.

if the save was buggy, i wouldn´t find any of the new items, right? no? i dunno...

i still hope i´m just blind :(

edit: downloading the new hotfix now, hope this will fix it :D

edit#2: it worked! birch saplings found \o/

Must give props to the development team for the old save patch. I know in my heart that some new feature will probably require me to start over and that's ok, it's an aplha, but the fact they put development time into fixing old games is a classy move.

They say that bow only for small game, but i find it like impossible to hunt deer with bow since deer can detect you from very far away. But using bow from combo deer+wolf and bear are very easily. Meet a bear infront of the farmhouse, just shoot it in the head many times, the arrow still can be reused, totally can survived for another day, month, year.

I one shotted a bear right in front of the farmhouse. Maybe i was lucky, but one arrow can kill a bear. ^^

As for deer hunting: crouch slowly towards it, stand up and shoot the arrow. Always works for me.

I one shotted a bear right in front of the farmhouse. Maybe i was lucky, but one arrow can kill a bear. ^^

As for deer hunting: crouch slowly towards it, stand up and shoot the arrow. Always works for me.

With a bow i feel so invincible. I hunted deer, wolf, bear, even rabbit, all in just a day, arrow can use about 3 or 4 times and each game just need 1 shot expect for bear, then i harvest what left the days after. Hmm, everything seem so unbalance, so easily. I have to say that since normally 5 birch sapling give 15 arrow shaft mean 15 arrows and each arrow give multi uses.

I'm not so sure it's unbalanced. The bow and arrow are powerful for sure, they should be. But you need cured birch, scrap metal, and three feathers for every arrow... and the scrap metal is a finite resource. There's a lot of scrap metal to find but you to find it and then you also need it for repairs and fish hooks. Considering the time it takes to collect the resources and craft the items, the bow and arrow is more of a mid to end-game luxury. Even if you craft the bow and arrows in the early game, you aren't going to have many arrows to start. You might lose arrows from time to time if the prey runs and you lose them.

Spoilers. Don't know how to hide them...

[spoil]There are groves in ML. One possible spawn is beside the dam by the train bridge. Second is near North river access by the rabid spawns. Third is above the no name creek. Fourth is northern clearcut border.[/spoil]

ADMIN NOTE: No worries, I hid the spoilers for you... Spoiler is bottom icon, about 6 from left in posting icons (looks like a plain white square) ;)

Archived