Long dark topo map pleasant vally. Call for help.

• 1 month later...

It looks like autonomous hasn't been active for a while, but I still thought it'd be nice to share this:

I sent the map of Coastal Highway autonomous created to an artist I found purely through chance. She uses cut/layered paper to create various pieces, but focuses largely on topographic maps. With the map autonomous provided, she created this:

EZjvCUw.jpg3n1eEyz.jpgYVxmmBZ.jpg

I just wanted to come by and say thanks to all of you that have taken the time to create things like this. This has been in the works for quite a while, and I've seen a lot of maps pop up since then. Your work does not go unnoticed, or unappreciated.

Hope you guys like it!

You can find Marnie (the artist) and her store, Crafterall, at:

Her official website

Her Etsy store

Her Facebook page

And her Twitter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We need to bring him back :P , new map is coming and we may need the transition areas to be filled just to have the complete area map in 1 big array.

In any case as Mudder says new revisions are needed in all maps, but as the game progresses more addition will be required as well.

As I've been playing more and more, I found that having complete maps with locations of rabbits, wolf areas, and habitable structures really detracted from the fun and fear I experienced in the beginning. I found that my survival time is almost unlimited with this drawn out so beautifully.

Instead I've taken to stripping the map of everything save the geography, printing it out and writing down things as I find them. This way, even with the map you can get lost but it's a decent guide.

Anyhow, if the original map maker doesn't return I'll take the torch and make one for the new location. If any one is interested in the bare minimum map I'll share those as well. Probably end up making a site to host them so updates are easy.

Send him a message, I think autonous uses not only his eyes to make the maps but he was exploiting some bugs to get a top view?

Yes, discuss it in a PM if you must, but just a forewarning: Don't post actual details about exploits in the forums. Those posts will be removed.

Actually, my sister and her husband are Volcanologists and one has a specialty in mapping. I was going to learn some tricks of the trade and go at it from that perspective. It'll take longer and probably be less accurate than "flying" but the process will be way more fun. Depending on how difficult that software is to learn I may even have a professional map at the end.

Once I have it I'll double check with cheating to make sure I haven't grossly misrepresented the landscape.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I don't really have enough time to make more of these maps. Back when I made the original set I was unemployed but now I work 12 to 16 hours a day with about 4 days off a month. If you want the original Adobe Illustrator files send me an email at the email address I put on all the maps.

I made the maps by cheating and stitching together a sort of low earth orbit satellite imagery style of screenshots. After that I traced the topographic features and approximated the elevation change.

If you want to know how I did this, email me at the address I put on the maps. I don't really check PMs so that's not a good way to get in contact with me.

Hopefully that answers most of the questions about the maps that were directed at me without breaking bethany/hinterlands don't talk about how to cheat policy.

Archived