What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

Ryan CM

That it's a true survival game: I hate that the survival game niche has become so diluted with zombies.

TLD sticks to the core of survival: have enough food, water, energy, etc.

Plus that it is well designed and I love the Hinterland is updating a few times a month. :)

Cheers!

The dam(n) door. I have never been so scared in my life (it was dark and I was running out of lantern fuel).

By the way, it should save upon exiting (like with a medical accident), but I'm not sure if it does? I didn't check because I was too shocked to think properly.

True solo play for me is the thing that makes this game. A lot of companies are making games MMO or even multiplayer and I just don't have an interest in all games being based on how many hours a day you can put in.

This game also swings a lot. Good days from having lots of food, water and resources etc to bad days like fighting off 2 wolf attack one after another and barely surviving.

There is more but I want to keep it short.

• Upvote 1

... no zombies :)

I was totally going to say "no zombies"! Not that I don't like zombie games, but really, why aren't there more "real" survival games? It's a great genre.

Jamie

I have a feeling there will be more in the coming years. With Indie games continuing to rise in popularity there is no old man in a suit telling game developers we have to make games that fit a specific mold to sell.

The plastic gallon water jug.

oh yeah good for boiling water else we die of thirst. I love the fire effects and sounds of building a fire, drinking water etc. I think this game has some pretty real life like sounds. Which is awesome.

oh yeah good for boiling water else we die of thirst. I love the fire effects and sounds of building a fire, drinking water etc. I think this game has some pretty real life like sounds. Which is awesome.

The gallon water jug is particularly significant to me for a rather important reason that I'll be happy to share, as soon as I finish composing the story.

The gallon water jug is particularly significant to me for a rather important reason that I'll be happy to share, as soon as I finish composing the story.

Im sure everyone would love to hear your story when your ready :)