What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

Ryan CM

On 8/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, Gr0dede said:

Hello all,

Only one week one the game for me, i really love the freedom.

You can do what you want, where you want (even if you are nude in night near 2 bear and dancing macarena...)

I really like the non-zombie, every time when i'm in the dark inside a house i can tell me "it's ok, nothing gonna jumpscare me" :D

What is the key binding for doing the Macarena? Or did you make a Maca-ro for that? 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody. I am new here, but I have been playing the game for about a year now. 

I live in Rovaniemi, Finland, and I am a scout. So this game is very much up my alley in terms of the ambience. The weather, making fires, waiting for a cabin to warm up, cooking up a steak... It's so peaceful and relaxing. 

The thing I enjoy most right now, is the system where you paint your map with the charcoal as you go. It makes me want to draw the whole map to completion, and that's what I'm trying to do on my current survival play. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JaySovereign said:

I live in southern Ontario. The city is too bright, though.

If you have a car the Northern lights will sometimes will dip down as far south as Owen Sound. Keep an eye out this winter and you may get lucky ;) 

7 hours ago, cekivi said:

If you have a car the Northern lights will sometimes will dip down as far south as Owen Sound. Keep an eye out this winter and you may get lucky ;) 

Owen Sound, huh? ...Never heard of it. But yeah, I don't have a car and it makes it very hard for me to see something so incredible.

On 14/10/2017 at 8:23 PM, cekivi said:

FWIW, I've seen aurorae as far south as Prince Edward County... though I've only seen it three times in my fifty years that far south.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...