Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Just now, piddy3825 said:

what you got burning in there? flare or a fire?  nice shade of red...

It's a roaring fire in the fire barrel in the church. It benefits from the outdoor cold bonus, which is one of the things that makes the church a good place to live. Outdoor fires cut way back on the amount of wood you need... and I might add that I've been here for nearly a month now and I'm having no problem keeping the wood well stocked. There's plenty of it near the church. I'll allow that the distance to the work table in Hibernia is a bit rough, but overall this is really the spot in DP. In a lot of ways, it's a cave, in that you're invisible to predators while you're inside, you can cure hides etc on the floor, but you're outside so no cabin fever and your fires last a lot longer.

I actually took a lot of shots while my breath was (mostly) invisible to get this one, to catch the peak brightness of the flickering fire. Here's inside the church right now.

screen_922963b4-210c-411a-8ee0-b6666aa5b7f5_hi.thumb.png.f316994d79b19503026c41188703d31e.png

• Upvote 2

On 2/13/2019 at 10:34 PM, stratvox said:

It's a roaring fire in the fire barrel in the church. It benefits from the outdoor cold bonus, which is one of the things that makes the church a good place to live. Outdoor fires cut way back on the amount of wood you need... and I might add that I've been here for nearly a month now and I'm having no problem keeping the wood well stocked. There's plenty of it near the church. I'll allow that the distance to the work table in Hibernia is a bit rough, but overall this is really the spot in DP. In a lot of ways, it's a cave, in that you're invisible to predators while you're inside, you can cure hides etc on the floor, but you're outside so no cabin fever and your fires last a lot longer.

I actually took a lot of shots while my breath was (mostly) invisible to get this one, to catch the peak brightness of the flickering fire. Here's inside the church right now.

screen_922963b4-210c-411a-8ee0-b6666aa5b7f5_hi.thumb.png.f316994d79b19503026c41188703d31e.png

Fantastic insight. I'm starting out a fresh new game and this is the first place I'm heading! Thanks for the info.

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, stratvox said:

Yeah, I really like that location.  It really grew on me when I was "forced" to bivouac there for three days during the Nomad Challenge.  It's kinda like to DP what the Mountaineers Hut is to TWM.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:23 PM, ltnshinysides said:

Fantastic insight. I'm starting out a fresh new game and this is the first place I'm heading! Thanks for the info.

You must have good clothing and good fire skill. It's cheap for my guy because he's got awesome clothes and fire 5. As a place to start out... not so much. If you're new, use the little mine if you have a bedroll, or Hibernia if you don't. 

• Upvote 1