Personal Preferences

ajb1978

Personal preferences poll  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Prompted by the most recent Milton Mailbag, I'm creating this survey to gather information regarding player preferences in non-Story mode games.

Explaining my own answers...
Favorite region: coastal highway.  Good hunting, ample fishing, beachcombing, ridiculous amounts of coal, and a forge a half day's walk away.
Preferred Experience: Custom.  I like to crank loot tables to the maximum, hostile wildlife but high wolf fear, and 4x time dilation.
Favorite Challenge Mode: The Hunted, Part One.  I can escape the bear no problem, but the real challenge is how fast can I do it.  I love trying to speed run that challenge.

Edited by ajb1978

Region: Timber Wolf Mountain.  I find myself always gravitating toward this area, in part due to the loot potential but also I find that the region has a great balance of features.
Experience: Voyager.  I'm not what I consider to be an advanced player yet.  My current goal is to work through each difficulty until I attain a 500 day run before moving on the next level.  I don't get to play as much as I would like, so it's taking me a long time. :D 
Challenge: The Hunted, Part II.  This one was a hard pick... I actually really love all of the challenges, but I did enjoy when the tables turned and I got to take the fight to the Old Bear.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

I wish you had put a 4th question up- least favorite region. I'll take the frozen wasteland of HRV over the frozen wet hellscape that is FM, any day. 

Region: Desolation Point. Most underappreciated region in the game, IMHO. But I love it. Dearly.
Experience Mode: Stalker, for serious runs (though I use Pilgrim and Voyageur for testing things, and Voyageur sometimes for more relaxed runs.) Haven't yet found a Custom Settings combo that works well for me, yet. 
Challenge: Whiteout. Looting like mad (an aRPG fan's dream...), and dealing with the QGS... and never the same two times in a row. Love trying to beat my own time to get stocked up quicker if I can.

26 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

I wish you had put a 4th question up- least favorite region. I'll take the frozen wasteland of HRV over the frozen wet hellscape that is FM, any day. 

Can't!  I can only have 3 questions per survey :)

Feel free to start your own though!