How to open safes

Wolran

Hi, I bet this question has been asked before, but I wasn´t able to find something through search-function.

How do I open safes? I tried a few times and I think there should be a small click(?) but I never heard something that would have given me a hint...

My hearing isn't quite so great anymore, so I usually go by the visual cue (little white opened lock symbol that appears when you're sitting on the right number).  The sequence works like a standard 3-number combination lock... start to the left of the 0 (or on the 0), move the lock so that the numbers are increasing in sequence, when it clicks or shows the white unlock symbol) reverse direction so that the numbers are now decreasing in value until you hear another lock and it shows 2 white unlock symbols.  Then reverse direction again so the number values are increasing and go until you hear the click and 3 white unlock symbols appears and the lock will open.  If you blow past a number, start over to the left of 0 again and repeat the process.

• Upvote 1