More Cooking Menus

Dark_Winter_OP

5 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

Soups and stew have been suggested many times in the past. Let's be content with the birch bark tea, which finally gives us an infinite source of warm drinks.

The birch bark tea is definitely a good thing but I cannot believe we cannot find dry rice or beans or other canned foods that can be cooked other than baked beans and peaches in the world. If I lived in the middle of nowhere with just a gas station to buy food from locally, I would make sure to have a large stockpile of dry foods that would do well for extremely long term storage and last a long time.

Birch bark just falls off trees, like sticks. If you set up a base near birch trees and walk by regularly you'll be able to pick up some every day. As for dry food, I agree it seems weird not to find bags of legumes or grains (or flour, by the way) but it would need the addition of a whole new cooking process.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:20 AM, Ape88 said:

The birch bark tea is definitely a good thing but I cannot believe we cannot find dry rice or beans or other canned foods that can be cooked other than baked beans and peaches in the world. If I lived in the middle of nowhere with just a gas station to buy food from locally, I would make sure to have a large stockpile of dry foods that would do well for extremely long term storage and last a long time.

If we get mod support, there are already many new food items available.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, Doc Feral said:

addition of a whole new cooking process

Cooking simply, you would think you could boil them (such as tea and coffee).  There is a mod that introduces Rice and you have to cook it this way.

I think it would be fun for survivor mode to have more food options, just for variety.  I for one really like that little artistic plate set up by the shortwave tower in Forlorn Muskeg, with a venison steak and a few cat tails on a plate next to a campfire.  It would be fun to be able to put together more complex meals like that, with some benefit above and beyond simple calories as incentive to put it together.  Although at that point it's not really "surviving" is it?  That's full blown homesteading.

Hey, About this menu, I mean, it's not about making Chinese food. My idea is that we can make some simple soups out of natural plants and meat, and if we can make Canadian specialties better. I think these dishes can provide us with more benefits, such as longer warm times, similar to the status response of birch leather tea, and more. :)