Problems killing moose after Update

Celexa

Is anyone else experiencing this? I wasted 30, yes 30 rifle rounds on one moose and he's still alive. Used to take 5 max before. Can't even tell if I hit him at any point. Did something other then the aim mechanics change?

Yes, my moose won't die either, I'm in ML at trappers and he just keeps hanging down in the bowl no matter how many times I shoot him. I have 12 to 15 hits with the revolver. 6 at point blank as he stomped me and another 2 at about 4 paces. another three or 4 at 5 or 6 paces and a few long-range shots that the journal counted as hits. No blood trails, splatters or sprays on hits, except for mmy own blood. Lots of that around. This is 1.50 update

Is this as intended, the revolver drops dear and wolf in reasonable times but this moose should have been bleeding for 24 hours and filling him full of holes for about 8-12.

@Muestereate The Moose is the only Animal in game that does not bleed out. You have to take it out by hitting it until it drops. I would assume it would take a lot of shots from the Revolver to down, although that many shots with the Revolver does seems excessive.  

Edited by XaldinVii

Thanks for the bleed out info.

Perhaps I can kill him today if he doesn't wander off. So no bleed out or waiting for him to drop after a few more hits. He either goes down right then and there or nothing. Are shots even cumulative for a little while or will I have to pump all 6 in at once? Or maybe its only headshots that count.

I did manage to get four solid rapid hits. He's went down and I got another one that should have been a head shot but gotten back up and got a couple of side hits but one should have been his legs. I may have hit him 5 times at once, I can't go higher than 6 lol.

Dear Hinterland, I need the 7 shot revolver or a submachine gun.

Edited by Muestereate
grammar

For the 3 times I have downed a Moose it took, 5 Rifle shots (All body shots), 3 Rifle shots (One to head, the rest to body), and 3 bow shots (All body shots). In all of these cases it wasn't all at once, I got to a safe spot where the Moose couldn't get to and fired a shot or two then wait for him to calm down and got into position again.

These kills are from before Steadfast Ranger though.

I do believe you can down a Moose in one shot, I have seen it from Streams of the people playing the game, although that is usually a result of a critical hit.

In my most recent pre-Steadfast run I spawned outside the hunting lodge with a moose like right there.  Went inside, got a rifle, loaded it, and immediately one-shotted that moose with a Level 1 firearms skill, minutes into the game.

I haven't bothered hunting a moose yet post-Steadfast with the rifle or bow, but when I was testing out the new revolver I did drop a moose with 4 rounds.  The revolver seems to be MUCH stronger close up, and loses a lot of power at range.

• Like 1

How did you get a revolver pre steadfast?

I have a half dozen rounds in him at even closer range in  1.5. Perhaps shot fired while he's charging in for the Moose Stomp dance don't work but the journal counted them. I think its a bug.  I hope I can get my condition back before he leaves. I think he's haunted, A dead moose walking

26 minutes ago, Muestereate said:

How did you get a revolver pre steadfast?

I have a half dozen rounds in him at even closer range in  1.5. Perhaps shot fired while he's charging in for the Moose Stomp dance don't work but the journal counted them. I think its a bug.  I hope I can get my condition back before he leaves. I think he's haunted, A dead moose walking

He said he used a rifle pre-Steadfast...

His video showed a revolver.

But no worries. I Kilt the Moose that almost killt me.  I went out on a very dark night and heard him but couldn't see him so I ran for my life back to the safety of my cabin and made some herbal tea and got some more strength back and went out in the morning and there he still was, like dinner on a platter, crept up as close as I dared and put a single shot square into his shoulder bone and he collapsed followed quickly by a blizzard but I cut and dashed back and forth and am alive to admire his hide in front of my fireplace while I sip some more tea. I'll be well soon again, these ribs will heal, I've got food, a little shy on firewood but enough ammo to keep me in boiling water.

• Upvote 1