Using Batteries to Spark a Fire during Auroras

UpUpAway95

I think it would be cool if we could light a torch from a car battery during the auroras (and then use said torch to light a fire for whatever purpose).  It would give another weather reliant but infinite fire starting source (similar to the magnifying lens currently).

Similarly, the game to allow the player to spark a fire using the flashlight batteries during an aurora.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kristaok said:

Idk... no offense but I think it's a no from me, sorry. I just don't think it would work. :/ 

No offense taken... but would you care to elaborate as to why you don't think it would work?  IRL, it is entirely possible to start a fire using a battery.  You can check out several different methods on Youtube.

Guest kristaok
2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

No offense taken... but would you care to elaborate as to why you don't think it would work?  IRL, it is entirely possible to start a fire using a battery.  You can check out several different methods on Youtube.

Well I didn't mean it wouldn't start a fire, I just meant I don't think it would work for TLD. I am not that good at explaining things, but I will say I do like some ideas, but a lot of the ideas about Crafting I rarely go for. The reason is because I don't like how some Games go overboard with the Crafting, it really stresses me out. 

Plus we already have the Magnifying Glass, and the Striker thingy... those things last a good while! 

11 hours ago, kristaok said:

Well I didn't mean it wouldn't start a fire, I just meant I don't think it would work for TLD. I am not that good at explaining things, but I will say I do like some ideas, but a lot of the ideas about Crafting I rarely go for. The reason is because I don't like how some Games go overboard with the Crafting, it really stresses me out. 

Plus we already have the Magnifying Glass, and the Striker thingy... those things last a good while! 

I don't really consider this to be a crafting suggestion since my idea was merely to open the hood and dip the torch to the car battery during an aurora to light it and then use the lit torch, if desired, to light a fire.  I agree, we do already have the magnifying glass, but if Hinterlands plan to add more areas where there are fewer sunny days, the magnifying glass becomes essentially useless.  Strikers may be long lasting (depending on the condition they are in when you find them), but they are still finite, like matches.  Since the normal condition of the batteries in game are depleted and it's only the aurora that breathes life into them, I thought that perhaps allowing us to light the occasional fire off one in a pinch might make an interesting but not overpowered mechanic that would make two currently rather useless items already in the game (car batteries and flashlights) a little bit useful.  It would come in handy for any interloper who might spawn without matches, etc. at night during an aurora; but they would still have to be lucky enough to find a torch also lying around (and there really aren't many of them that spawn in the game).  Of course, there owuld likely have to be some mechanic added to allow the player to access the batteries inside the flashlights.

As I said, no offense is taken.  I respect your opinion and I'm glad you took the time to explain it.

Edited by UpUpAway95

I don’t see the point. I mean it’s such a specific use why even add it? Not only does it need to be an aurora night, but you have the have access to batteries yet for some reason not have access to regular fire building stuff?