Ammo distribution

Jolan

I am 6 days into a stalker run and have 26 revolver bullets and I've only found singletons of rifle ammo, so I've got about 5 of those.  This seems like an odd distribution.  Any one else experiencing anything like this?

Guest kristaok

It's probably just random, because in my recent run so far I've found way more Rifle Bullets than Revolver Bullets. 

I think it is completely random with a percentage greater chance for revolver ammo to spawn than rifle ammo.  My count on two different Pilgrim starts since the update, one in Mountain Town and the other in Mystery Lake (all areas of both regions thoroughly looted):

Mountain Town:  30 rounds rifle, 52 rounds revolver; Mystery Lake:  14 rounds rifle, 73 rounds revolver

In playthroughs before the update, I was averaging about 30 to 40 rounds of rifle ammo, although I did have one Mystery Lake start where I only found 20 rounds of rifle ammo.  Of course, I likely have missed some items, but I tried my very best to spot everything.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

for my liking...there is to much of ammo for guns.

When you consider how many rifle shots you have to take to get the skill to Level 5 and the fact that it is randomly generated (meaning a container might generate it or might generate some other form of loot), I didn't find the rifle ammo all that excessive and I'd hate to see it reduced.  The use of the revolver for defense is going to depend on what difficulty you play.  In pilgrim mode, there really isn't much use at all for it.  In stalker, particularly if the player does not yet have access to a forge to make arrows, etc., I can see the revolver being used a lot just to scare away wolves.   I'm willing to wait to see until after I'm many, many days into a stalker run and seeing what it takes to get to Level 5 in revolver skill  before deciding about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Based on what I've seen so far, revolver bullets are about 3x as common as rifle cartridges.  I've been leaving the rifle bullets behind at each region's safehouse so I don't have an exact count, but I believe I've acquired about 50 rifle rounds total, and about 150 revolver bullets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Based on what I've seen so far, revolver bullets are about 3x as common as rifle cartridges.  I've been leaving the rifle bullets behind at each region's safehouse so I don't have an exact count, but I believe I've acquired about 50 rifle rounds total, and about 150 revolver bullets.

That's what I'm generally finding.  Which, for me, is unfortunate - I'm not finding the revolver to be worth the weight, even for killing rabbits.  And I'm having to hoard rifle ammo.  Though the revolver does work like a charm to convince wolves to run away.

Edited by Jolan
not enough coffee

On 5/11/2019 at 9:02 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

When you consider how many rifle shots you have to take to get the skill to Level 5 and the fact that it is randomly generated (meaning a container might generate it or might generate some other form of loot), I didn't find the rifle ammo all that excessive and I'd hate to see it reduced.  The use of the revolver for defense is going to depend on what difficulty you play.  In pilgrim mode, there really isn't much use at all for it.  In stalker, particularly if the player does not yet have access to a forge to make arrows, etc., I can see the revolver being used a lot just to scare away wolves.   I'm willing to wait to see until after I'm many, many days into a stalker run and seeing what it takes to get to Level 5 in revolver skill  before deciding about it.

Supplement the skill books and you should have no trouble getting level 5.

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Supplement the skill books and you should have no trouble getting level 5.

Possibly... my biggest challenge is getting many, many days into a stalker run.  I tend to die quickly so hopefully having a revolver will help... although my biggest problem is still not being "alert" enough... they tend to sneak up on me and jump me.

49 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

they tend to sneak up on me and jump me.

Try not to have a scent bar (don't carry meat, uncured hides or intestines). 

If you do run into a wolf, pause the game immediately. Now you've got some time to think about your options which will increase your survival rate significantly ;)

• Upvote 1