Sound of waves in regions without sea

LilWolf

Although I reported this bug already, I'm going to post this to see if anyone else has heard wave sounds in non-coastal regions like Mountain Town, Mystery Lake or Pleasant Valley. I think this strange bug appeared with the new update or hotfix, not sure which, but before never heard waves while I was walking by the railroad tracks to the Camp Office. And it's kinda annoying hearing "waves" while I'm surrounded by mountains.

Hope this can be solved soon. Thanks.

1 minute ago, kristaok said:

I just thought of something, are you sure it's not the sound of the Wind? :P 

The sound of the wind is continuous, this comes and goes. And I believe it is the same sound of Coastal Highway, when you are near to the sea.

Guest kristaok
20 minutes ago, LilWolf said:

The sound of the wind is continuous, this comes and goes. And I believe it is the same sound of Coastal Highway, when you are near to the sea.

I am sorry you are having this issue btw. Hopefully it will be fixed for you soon. :D 

2 hours ago, LilWolf said:

Are you using a "surround sound" headset?

Im personally having issues with blizzard sounds not playing during them. Not headset related.

Edited by MarrowStone

12 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

Im personally having issues with blizzard sounds not playing during them. Not headset related.

Same.  I suspect it's due to me playing a custom game that has 4x time dilation.  Does that sound similar to how you are playing?

4 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Same.  I suspect it's due to me playing a custom game that has 4x time dilation.  Does that sound similar to how you are playing?

Nah, challenge modes have the issue as well.

As for the droning sound,  I do know that if you have the surround sound enabled on a headset it can cause the game to sound like you have your ears attached to pipes.

11 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

No, the headphones that I use are stereo.

11 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I suspect it's due to me playing a custom game that has 4x time dilation.

I'm not playing a custom game, it was in a stalker game. And yes @MarrowStone, I have the same problem with challenge modes.

I'm pretty sure (I can be wrong tho) that is not a sound "similar" to waves, is like if the sound of waves that should be reproduced when you are near the sea, instead, happens in all regions of the game.

Odd.. I started up a few test games after first noticing the issue.  Two on Pilgrim, both of which had the proper blizzard sounds, and two on custom with 4x time dilation.  Maybe I just got lucky.  I for one kind of miss the sound!  That's the main reason why I went with 4x time dilation.  There's something kind of soothing about reorganizing the crap on my shelves with that howling wind in the background.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:07 AM, kristaok said:

I just thought of something, are you sure it's not the sound of the Wind? :P 

Okay, okay... they reworked the sound effects and I'm starting to think you are right... I keep hearing these "wind/wave" sound effects weird for me and a bit annoying but I guess it's a matter of time getting used to.

I'll have to pay more attention next time and not confuse sounds again, lol.

Guest kristaok
6 minutes ago, LilWolf said:

Okay, okay... they reworked the sound effects and I'm starting to think you are right... I keep hearing these "wind/wave" sound effects weird for me and a bit annoying but I guess it's a matter of time getting used to.

I'll have to pay more attention next time and not confuse sounds again, lol.

It's okay because Wind can sound a lot like Waves. :D