Am I the only one...

Bronco

...that gets freaked out by tree stumps thinking it was a wolf (especially in low light conditions)? The sound in this game is so immersive! When I hear a wolf howl to my side, if I pan quickly to check, I only see a tree stump but not before my heart skips a beat. You know you are playing a great game when the game can invoke these sort of reactions.

Well done Hinterland!!

• Upvote 5

Guest kristaok
1 minute ago, Serenity said:

Not just trees stumps, but rocks too

This is me, my heart ALWAYS starts racing, I get sweaty, and I get SO afraid! It's weird because I believe it's realistic in this situation due to the Aurora that Wolves are more rabid, but I also get SO scared! :/ 

Guest kristaok
56 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Me too... I have had sooo many times were a stump, rock, or even an unexpected sprinting rabbit sends my heart rate through the roof :D 
This game is pure gold. 

It's not good for those with blood pressure issues, I bet, thank goodness I have no issues there lol. 

12 hours ago, kristaok said:

It's not good for those with blood pressure issues, I bet, thank goodness I have no issues there lol. 

Well, I may not have any issues at the moment but after hours of playing this game, I'm starting to wonder ;) 

5 hours ago, peteloud said:

I mistaken them for bears not wolves.

That too, but only once so far for me. Like I mentioned in the OP, it usually follows me hearing a wolf so the expectation of seeing a wolf is already established.

Guest kristaok
1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Well, I may not have any issues at the moment but after hours of playing this game, I'm starting to wonder ;) 

Ikr? I just died on my 7 day run yesterday, it looked like there was 2-3 Wolves... there was NO hope. :/ 

5 hours ago, kristaok said:

Ikr? I just died on my 7 day run yesterday, it looked like there was 2-3 Wolves... there was NO hope. :/ 

Sounds like one of my earlier runs, ran out of a fishing hut on Coastal Highway, fully loaded with stinky fish, right into a pack of wolves. Yup, no hope :( 

Guest kristaok
34 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Sounds like one of my earlier runs, ran out of a fishing hut on Coastal Highway, fully loaded with stinky fish, right into a pack of wolves. Yup, no hope :( 

And I thought I was having a good run, sigh... I even wrote about it on my profile... oh well. 

It might just be me, but... Since 1.48 dropped I have had a horrible run with wolves and bears... They seem to be way more intuitive of my location and home in on me from much greater distances. I always play on stalker and it also seems that there are more wolves tham before... Not that I am against any of this, in fact I like it... It has brought rhe challenge back for me.

Guest kristaok
3 minutes ago, Cattleman said:

It might just be me, but... Since 1.48 dropped I have had a horrible run with wolves and bears... They seem to be way more intuitive of my location and home in on me from much greater distances. I always play on stalker and it also seems that there are more wolves tham before... Not that I am against any of this, in fact I like it... It has brought rhe challenge back for me.

I think so too, because I was literally taken down by what appeared to be 3 Wolves in the dark. 

23 minutes ago, kristaok said:

I think so too, because I was literally taken down by what appeared to be 3 Wolves in the dark. 

I did some playing around with the wolves in CH out on the ice where I could see them from long distance... And I'm convinced they detect me much sooner than they used to.

I tried 6 times to get a new game going and didnt make it past day 4 on any of them. Had starts in CH, ML, DP and HRV... My best start was on CH and was doing well, but ended up freezing to death in a blizzard that caught me taking the long way home to avoid the wolves. All the other runs the wolves got me, and once a bear snuck up on my while butchering a deer... The bear got the deer... And me.

Guest kristaok
52 minutes ago, Cattleman said:

I did some playing around with the wolves in CH out on the ice where I could see them from long distance... And I'm convinced they detect me much sooner than they used to.

I tried 6 times to get a new game going and didnt make it past day 4 on any of them. Had starts in CH, ML, DP and HRV... My best start was on CH and was doing well, but ended up freezing to death in a blizzard that caught me taking the long way home to avoid the wolves. All the other runs the wolves got me, and once a bear snuck up on my while butchering a deer... The bear got the deer... And me.

Yea I think the Wolves are smarter or more ferocious for sure. 

Yep, and some rocks too.  Before they moved it, I used to get a jump scare with the Mystery Lake office sign.  But that was also when there was a regular wolf patrol path that went right by the back door.  :)