Multiplayer + DLC

8 hours ago, Master_Superninja418 said:

I think having multiplayer will make this game much more fun. Also adding more maps would be brilliant. Maybe create a DLC that adds another story to the game (including maps) maybe even moving to a different wilderness (desert?). 

Welcome to the forums, @Master_Superninja418.  MP has been discussed extensively in the past and, at present, there are no future plans for it.

Part of the rich flavor of the game is the isolation.
I can see people wanting something akin to online Co-op... to share their experience with one other person, but honestly I feel like this game is best as a personal experience.  We live in an age where every one wants to be connected and every has to multipayer... Single player games seem a dying breed and I have great respect for those that are still around.  Sometimes we need a space to go to get away from other people's bulls**t.

:D

Guest kristaok

Welcome to the Forums! -- Hinterland has stated officially they have no intentions on adding MP to TLD, they said maybe for a future Game though but not this one. :P -- But I do agree with you I would LOVE to see more DLC! In fact I would pay extra for more More MORE! :D But I know Hinterland has their hands full, so I will calm down and be patient. :) 

Edited by kristaok

The very thing that made me fall in love with this game the first time I played was the loneliness and the feeling of isolation. A multiplayer mode would have none of that, and I can see how it would clash with lots of mechanics already in place in the game. How would time-skip work when cooking/crafting/etc on multiplayer? How would player animations work when we're looking at other players? (that would need to be done from scratch since there's no human animations in the game right now)

Multiplayer may be a good idea to some people, but there is already plenty of survival games focused on multiplayer, and to add that in TLD would be too much of an effort, and I can't imagine how it could work. If it happens, I will give all my love and support to the hinterland team as always, but I don't think it's a good idea.