sprain mechanic still broken

so.

even after the fix its still broken, i'm not mad at them at all but i just think they should keep spraining related to falls if this continues

i was walking inside a house then suddenly my camera just fell onto the floor and i got a sprained ankle this was on a perfectly flat ground and yes i was over encumbered.

• Upvote 1

From what I read this first fix is for crashing issues...

Here is what Raph posted earlier on Twitter:
"Raphael van Lierop‏: 
Ok so we have a Steam hotfix going out right now, brings the game to version 1.48.1, is STEAM-ONLY, and is for a crash some of our players have been experiencing. We're also looking at Sprain tuning, Revolver tuning, and a few other things for the NEXT hotfix. #thelongdark"

• Upvote 1

The rifle aim tuning needs looked at too unfortunately - can't hit a deer at 20 paces while stationary (both of us) and crouched, but can hit a wolf at 100 yards with an aimed revolver shot.

Also the bow aiming is off - shots keep sliding down the right hand side (as viewed) of wolves trotting in to pick up a decoy - even from as close as 10 yards away.

1 minute ago, Gazbeard said:

The rifle aim tuning needs looked at too unfortunately - can't hit a deer at 20 paces while stationary (both of us) and crouched, but can hit a wolf at 100 yards with an aimed revolver shot.

Also the bow aiming is off - shots keep sliding down the right hand side (as viewed) of wolves trotting in to pick up a decoy - even from as close as 10 yards away.

ikr the bow aiming is broken the tip doesnt show were the arrow is going to land anymore

and the iron sights of the rifle need to be remodeled to have a pointed edge

• Upvote 1

I keep receiving notifications of getting a sprain from just walking on the flat. It encumbers me and then after about 10/20 seconds it says the sprain has healed. Doesn't cause other issues than that. 

Anyone else getting this issue? 

Guest kristaok

I think the Hotfix really did fix it, but on a side note I love how they made the edges blurry while using a Gun or Bow. 

I hope that players are not mistaking the notification that they are at risk for sprains which appear when when encumbered (i.e. over the carrying capacity which is affected by the state of fatigue) and can be healed by merely reducing the amount of stuff being carried as indication that they have gotten a sprain or that it magically healed.  I have seen the warning about risk appear as I am next to a bed about to turn in, as my fatigue worsened so carrying capacity went down, and can see the healed notification appear after I have rested. 

The wording about getting the risk and healing the risk seems to be a bit misleading. 

• Upvote 2

Sprains are still far to common, and thus unrealistic, especially if one is wearing boots.  One cannot follow a blood trail of wounded game without acquiring sprains on all limbs.  Where one can travel is now very limited whereas previously one could go most anywhere, receiving maybe one sprain at some point. Otherwise, the game is GREAT! in all other respects and greatest compliments to Hinterland for producing what, to me, is a work of art.  The warning symbol of imminent sprain is a helpful gadget, but, as said, the susceptibility to getting them is still far to high. 

I noticed on my play through today that every time I became encumbered, I would have a sprain. Even stood still. After I removed some items from my pack it would repair. Is anyone else getting this?

Apart from this, the sprain system seems to work fairly when I am walking on a slant etc.  

51 minutes ago, Upfrontjunk said:

After I removed some items from my pack it would repair. Is anyone else getting this?

Being overloaded can increase the risk of sprains, probably to prevent players from carrying too much weight.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:50 PM, Upfrontjunk said:

I noticed on my play through today that every time I became encumbered, I would have a sprain. Even stood still.

Again, are you sure it was a real sprain and not just a "sprain risk"? Sprain risk is just a warning, it means you're too tired and/or burdened and this increases the chances of hurting yourself, but it goes away when you drop some weight and/or rest.

1 minute ago, Doc Feral said:

Again, are you sure it was a real sprain and not just a "sprain risk"? Sprain risk is just a warning, it means you're too tired and/or burdened and this increases the chances of hurting yourself, but it goes away when you drop some weight and/or rest.

I believe you are be correct here. I will check later when I play through, my mistake. 

2 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

Since we're at it: yesterday, for the second time in my TLD career, I got a sprain (maybe a wrist-ankle combo, not sure about it) while crouching. The first time it happened was before Steadfast ranger.

I played 5 hours since the update was released and, although I had several times the "sprain risk" warning, I still didn't have any sprains...so I don't know how "broken" it is, honestly.

I don't think it is. Sprains happened before and happen now, I didn't notice any significant change in frequency, but at least now we know when one may likely happen. Sometimes just moving a few steps sideways is enough to turn off the "red slope" alert.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Hello,

The new system for sprains, taking in account encumberment, fatigue and other things is well thought. It is a major overhaul that teach to the player to be careful with steep slopes.

However, the question of the their frequency is is different than the triggers. It's a huge problem for me. While I am careful, I sometime have to walk on slopes. And I can't play 1h-2h without having a sprain or two.

I wish less frequent sprains, while being more difficult to heal (sleep need or more time).