Pretty disappointed...

Guest kristaok

Guest kristaok

My game was running perfectly, never crashed... but after the update I have not been able to play. It crashes every time I try to play, the longest it lasted was up until I went to make a new game. This is REALLY disheartening, I am just curious if anything is being done? 

It's not fair to see people get to play and enjoy the update, but I don't get to enjoy it. I cannot be the only one with this issue as I have seen others with the same issue, please tell me there's a fix in the works and that I am not crap out of luck? 

Guest kristaok

Yea I am REALLY upset right now, I just got a warning on my Steam for "spamming" for merely mentioning that I cannot play TLD... I have also noticed that any topic made by others who are having the same issue their topics have been locked... I am VERY disappointed especially considering I have ALWAYS stood by Hinterland... 

PS. I am a VERY patient person, but again I am HIGHLY disappointed in Hinterland for admonishing someone like me who has ALWAYS stood by them, this will NOT be forgotten.

Edited by kristaok

• Hinterland
Just now, kristaok said:

Yea I am REALLY upset right now, I just got a warning on my Steam for "spamming" for merely mentioning that I cannot play TLD... I have also noticed that any topic made by others who are having the same issue their topics have been locked... I am VERY disappointed especially considering I have ALWAYS stood by Hinterland... 

Hey! Sorry you're having these issues. We've seen your posts on Steam -- across multiple forums -- and have suggested the same course of action as for everyone else. 

1) Try restarting steam. This seems to have fixed the issue for the vast majority of people who have experienced it.

2) Submit a ticket to our Support portal: www.hinterlandgames.com/support

If you've already done both those things, all you can do now is wait until our Support team is able to get back to you. As you can imagine, they are pretty busy on Update Day.

The Steam warning you received is because of the cross-posting. This is against community guidelines in Steam and in here, so if you do the same thing here you'll get the same warning. Going from thread to thread talking about how frustrated you are because of the game crashing is considered spamming the forums. We expect our community members to exhibit mature behaviour in these forums (and on Steam). 

We'll get to your support query (if you posted one; if you haven't, that is the better way to get support) as soon as we can, and in the mean time we ask for your patience. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Guest kristaok

I have probably posted 3x I believe that I have had this issue on Steam on others topics (never my own) as to avoid "spamming"? I do not consider that spam, it's really disheartening to get a mark on my Steam account.... that is why I try to not even say anything on Steam because I do not want marks on my account. 

I am trying to be patient, but being silenced has triggered me, and being told to reboot Steam and everything else is angering me because I have already done these things and they do not work. 

So yea at this point I am VERY upset... because I have always been here for Hinterland and the last few months have really been a bummer for me... It doesn't help my anger issues and it does not help me want to stand by Hinterland when I see Steam topics being locked by people like me who just want help, and if you guys don't have a fix please just tell us. But please do not blame us, lock our topics, try to silence us, or make us feel like the issue is all on our end. The issue cannot be on my end because I was playing the game just fine until the update, and my computer is an Asus Rog gaming laptop from around 2017 I believe? and it's a beast of a rig so no I do not think it's my laptop. 

-- PS. for reference my post that was considered "spam" was me saying I would love to play and test out the revolver but I cannot play, and it was posted underneath someone who was giving their review or whatever of the game. I literally only mentioned how I would love to test this revolver and I meant it, I would love to play but instead I get silenced... this is how fans are treated huh? and to continue to say it was spam? and then to say if I do it here too I will get in trouble? really? REALLY? I haven't even said anything here like at all! this is the first time I have mentioned it, because I wanted to calm down before I come here, I tried to go the Steam route but sadly every mention of this issue is silenced. 

Do you not think any of this is wrong Raph??? 

EDIT: I checked I may have said something about 5x but again they were in other individuals topics about the crashes, none were my own. 

Edited by kristaok

• Hinterland
36 minutes ago, kristaok said:

I have probably posted 3x I believe that I have had this issue on Steam on others topics (never my own) as to avoid "spamming"? I do not consider that spam, it's really disheartening to get a mark on my Steam account.... that is why I try to not even say anything on Steam because I do not want marks on my account. 

I am trying to be patient, but being silenced has triggered me, and being told to reboot Steam and everything else is angering me because I have already done these things and they do not work. 

So yea at this point I am VERY upset... because I have always been here for Hinterland and the last few months have really been a bummer for me... It doesn't help my anger issues and it does not help me want to stand by Hinterland when I see Steam topics being locked by people like me who just want help, and if you guys don't have a fix please just tell us. But please do not blame us, lock our topics, try to silence us, or make us feel like the issue is all on our end. The issue cannot be on my end because I was playing the game just fine until the update, and my computer is an Asus Rog gaming laptop from around 2017 I believe? and it's a beast of a rig so no I do not think it's my laptop. 

-- PS. for reference my post that was considered "spam" was me saying I would love to play and test out the revolver but I cannot play, and it was posted underneath someone who was giving their review or whatever of the game. I literally only mentioned how I would love to test this revolver and I meant it, I would love to play but instead I get silenced... this is how fans are treated huh? and to continue to say it was spam? and then to say if I do it here too I will get in trouble? really? REALLY? I haven't even said anything here like at all! this is the first time I have mentioned it, because I wanted to calm down before I come here, I tried to go the Steam route but sadly every mention of this issue is silenced. 

Do you not think any of this is wrong Raph??? 

EDIT: I checked I may have said something about 5x but again they were in other individuals topics about the crashes, none were my own. 

Sorry you are upset, @kristaok, but posting in five various threads only to say you're upset that you can't play due to a crash is indeed "spamming". Please learn to function according to the community guidelines, or do not post here. You seem irrationally upset about this, so I suggest you take a breather and come back tomorrow.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Guest kristaok
5 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Sorry you are upset, @kristaok, but posting in five various threads only to say you're upset that you can't play due to a crash is indeed "spamming". Please learn to function according to the community guidelines, or do not post here. You seem irrationally upset about this, so I suggest you take a breather and come back tomorrow.

1. I am on the spectrum and I have bi polar so it's only natural. 2. I am upset, I tried not to be but being told I am a spammer for having issues has really upset me. 3. I have done nothing wrong. 4. I just want the game to work. 5. I have always been behind you Hinterland, I have learned a valuable lesson... like Jim Carrey said " we DON't MATTER". 

PS. Great so I see how everyone feels about me personally... all because my game don't work it's somehow my fault, I am a WICKED spammer too huh? 

Hope you guys are happy for making me cry now! keep ridiculing me! 

Edited by kristaok

Guest kristaok
7 minutes ago, LkP said:

Seneca - On Anger (while you wait for the support to take care of your manicured bug-report)

I bet you can play huh? how are you enjoying it so far? 

Edited by kristaok

• Hinterland
6 minutes ago, kristaok said:

1. I am on the spectrum and I have bi polar so it's only natural. 2. I am upset, I tried not to be but being told I am a spammer for having issues has really upset me. 3. I have done nothing wrong. 4. I just want the game to work. 5. I have always been behind you Hinterland, I have learned a valuable lesson... like Jim Carrey said " we DON't MATTER". 

PS. Great so I see how everyone feels about me personally... all because my game don't work it's somehow my fault, I am a WICKED spammer too huh? 

Hope you guys are happy for making me cry now! keep ridiculing me! 

Nobody is ridiculing you, Kris. It sounds like you are feeling persecuted, but nobody is doing it to you. I suggest you take some time to calm down and come back tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have the crash fixed by then. I think you know how much we care about our players, and to me it seems you are lashing out at us unfairly because you feel angry.

I still didn't find out if you happened to log a support ticket -- if you didn't, it would help us help you much better. www.hinterlandgames.com/support

• Upvote 2

Guest kristaok
2 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Nobody is ridiculing you, Kris. It sounds like you are feeling persecuted, but nobody is doing it to you. I suggest you take some time to calm down and come back tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have the crash fixed by then. I think you know how much we care about our players, and to me it seems you are lashing out at us unfairly because you feel angry.

I still didn't find out if you happened to log a support ticket -- if you didn't, it would help us help you much better. www.hinterlandgames.com/support

I did put a support ticket in. I am feeling persecuted. I am trying to calm down I am just feeling hurt because TLD is one of my favorite games. All of this is making me cry so bad, I am so depressed.

Edited by kristaok

• Hinterland
1 minute ago, kristaok said:

I did put a support ticket in. I am feeling persecuted. I am trying to calm down I am just feeling hurt because TLD is one of my favorite games. All of this is making me cry so bad, I am so depressed.

Everyone wants to help you. When I get upset about stuff I find the best thing to do is walk away for a while. Please take a break from the forums and come back tomorrow. You're not going to miss anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Guest kristaok
1 hour ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Everyone wants to help you. When I get upset about stuff I find the best thing to do is walk away for a while. Please take a break from the forums and come back tomorrow. You're not going to miss anything.

I only came back to say I have found a fix!!! *crossing my fingers* Rebooting Steam, and Restarting the PC did not help! BUT uninstalling and reinstalling did! I also took out all of the Files and Saves just in case, and so far my Game is running fine! So I will probably have to replay the Story Mode all the way through again when Episode 3 comes out, but oh well as long as the Game is running fine I am happy! I ain't about to break it or something and have to uninstall / reinstall all of this again, because I am using satellite and my internet is slow due to literally living on a Mountain. <.< 

PS. I am sorry if I seemed rude, forgive me... but again I am on the Spectrum and that makes it REALLY hard for me, especially when there are sudden changes like having your Game work one minute and the next nothing works. :/ Thank God though it's now working!!! because I was REALLY stressed out, I even cried and caused myself to panic and have a headache!

So if anyone is having this issue and Rebooting Steam and Restarting the PC fails, consider uninstalling / reinstalling the Game! and if that don't work you may have to do what I did and remove all of the Files. 

Edited by kristaok

• Hinterland
1 minute ago, kristaok said:

I only came back to say I have found a fix!!! *crossing my fingers* Rebooting Steam, and Restarting the PC did not help! BUT uninstalling and reinstalling did! I also took out all of the Files and Saves just in case, and so far my Game is running fine! So I will probably have to replay the Story Mode all the way through again when Episode 3 comes out, but oh well as long as the Game is running fine I am happy! I ain't about to break it or something and have to uninstall / reinstall all of this again, because I am using satellite and my internet is slow due to literally living on a Mountain. <.< 

PS. I am sorry if I seemed rude, forgive me... but again I am on the Spectrum and that makes it REALLY hard for me, especially when there are sudden changes like having your Game work one minute and the next nothing works. :/ Thank God though it's now working!!! because I was REALLY stressed out, I even cried and caused myself to panic and have a headache!

So if anyone is having this issue and Rebooting Steam and Restarting the PC fails, consider uninstalling / reinstalling the Game! and if that don't work you may have to do what I did and remove all of the Files. 

Great news!

Regarding Episode Three -- you won't have to replay One and Two, as Three continues onward from Two, and you play Astrid. So you haven't lost anything. And besides, Steam Cloud should have saved your save files. 

• Upvote 1

Guest kristaok
4 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Great news!

Regarding Episode Three -- you won't have to replay One and Two, as Three continues onward from Two, and you play Astrid. So you haven't lost anything. And besides, Steam Cloud should have saved your save files. 

Thank you! :D

Thanks everyone for being so understanding... sigh sorry again I really lost it there for a while. I apologize. I wish I would have tried / known this sooner and I wouldn't have complained or gotten so distraught. 

Edited by kristaok

Guest kristaok
18 minutes ago, gwanggaeto said:

after the patch my game crash everytime in opening. A window about '' Unity 2018.3 ...... '' then the game closes. I try everything. Two times uninstall reinstall. reboot system etc. İs there any help for the solution ?

59570400_2324111764529082_7170756013035880448_n.png

Have you tried doing what I did a clean uninstall / reinstall? I removed all files I could find pertaining to the game, and I turned off steam cloud saves just for now. 

Make sure to backup your saves just in case the issue gets fully resolved, but for now I had to personally remove my saves as well. 

6 minutes ago, kristaok said:

Have you tried doing what I did a clean uninstall / reinstall? I removed all files I could find pertaining to the game, and I turned off steam cloud saves just for now. 

Make sure to backup your saves just in case the issue gets fully resolved, but for now I had to personally remove my saves as well. 

I didn't remove the Hinterland and longdark files, this time I'm trying to remove it.

I've been through this also, when you are one of the few peoples who can't play - but i think it's somewhat an unfair reaction from you. I mean, saying that Hinterland doesn't help you after less then 5 hours of the release is a beyond .....

You can criticize Hinterland for a lot of things, but not that they don't fix major bugs very quickly after an update, within a few hours/days. That's actually a big strenght of Hinterland. And as far i can see, this time there are zero to none bugreports. So it seems the prewok/polishing worked well this time.

Just stay calm! From my expreience i can tell you that crash bugs have first priority after an update for Hinterland.

@kristaok I'm very glad you got your issue resolved and by your text you seem to be feeling better. Your posts were some of the first I've read in this community along with @ThePancakeLady. This community is a welcome change from the toxicity of most forums, let alone social media ( which isn't even anonymous, which really frightens me). I absolutely love PUBG, but spend some time either on the Steam PUBG forums or the offical forums if you want a lifetime dose of testosterone and caffeine fueled hate, homophobia, misogyny and spite ( not that I'm implying men are the only ones capable of this behavior, it is just that there are a lot more men than women in those forums).

As I have a mood disorder, I can empathize with how quickly ( for me at least ) little disappointments can turn into a disaster. I don't know if I should really talk about it at all because I'm sure you know as well as I do that other people are always lining up with suggestions on how you can feel better. Its also easy for someone to say you should just suck it up on an internet forum. They aren't inside your head when something like this goes spinning out of control, especially for something that ( I imagine ) you get happiness and accomplishment, and it is NOT WORKING FOR ANY GOOD REASON! For instance, @LkP the Seneca quote is probably sage advice, but the timing is terrible. When you're in the middle of depression advice like that seems terribly callous and feels like the person saying that has no concept that for many of us it feels like that means our thoughts and feelings aren't valid and it makes it really difficult to respect whoever is saying it. Even worse is " Well, it could always be worse". Yes, gratitude and the good fortune we experience are good things to meditate on and I've had a lot of success with it, but in the depressed state its a meaningless statement. Sure you have life better than the guy who lives by the sewer/water supply river who is downstream of 40 other families. That guy can also say he has it better than number 41 dowstream from HIM.  The point is mood disorders can be affected by but are ultimately independent of external factors.

I think all and all Hinterland is doing a fantastic job, and hopefully any problems will get fixed. I'm excited to see what is coming up in the future. This is a great community.

@kristaok, in the past, I have enjoyed your feedback on the forums.  You seem very helpful and appear to love the game as much as I.  

I was quite disappointed in the way you handled this recent situation.  Granted, you did apologize afterwards, but @Raphael van Lierop was doing his best to personally help you.  Where else do you get personal attention from the Director of the company??!  In the future, I would really work on taking his recommendation, walking away, deep breathing, whatever it takes to settle down.  I understand how it can be frustrating not being able to play your favorite game, but try to keep things in perspective and not be so unfairly harsh.

Glad it's working for you.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

@kristaok, in the past, I have enjoyed your feedback on the forums.  You seem very helpful and appear to love the game as much as I.  

I was quite disappointed in the way you handled this recent situation.  Granted, you did apologize afterwards, but @Raphael van Lierop was doing his best to personally help you.  Where else do you get personal attention from the Director of the company??!  In the future, I would really work on taking his recommendation, walking away, deep breathing, whatever it takes to settle down.  I understand how it can be frustrating not being able to play your favorite game, but try to keep things in perspective and not be so unfairly harsh.

Glad it's working for you.

I know he seemed to blow up pretty quick, but I've done that too, and you can see he's apologized. You have a valid point, but Ive done exactly that before and I know how a mood disorder can feel, though I'm only going by shared experiences, as you can never really know what it feels like in someone's head. One reason I'm writing this though is that the way you made your point is very commendable. As you pointed out, only seen a few developers take this level of personal interest in the players, and even fewer since the days when you had to either call the company personally, find an active BBS, or write a letter to communicate with anyone. 

• Like 1

Folks just need to take these things in stride... I know we live in a "give it to me now" instant gratification culture driven by an over inflated sense of entitlement, but we need to keep things in perspective.  There is always a potential for issues when somethings is first released.  Also remember that some issues aren't even necessarily related to the developer (please remain calm I am speaking in general terms, I am not referring to anything in particular).  Some issues can be problems with the various platforms that are responsible for propagating things to the end users.  My point is, any time there is a release there are a lot of variables.  With many different "moving parts" there is a lot of opportunity for things to go wrong.

Instead of getting disproportionally upset... realize that these things happen, make your issue known, and trust that people are working hard to rectify issues as quickly as they can. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kristaok said:

Had to sign up to say THANK YOU! I had the same issue with the crash thing and tried everything. You saved the day. Thanks!!!!