The Long Dark Survival Mode Updated to V1.48 -- STEADFAST RANGER

Admin

Hahaha! Well, I had to sleep, so...just waking up, loved the video, and extremely hyped to go to Steam, download the update, and see how it goes. 

Thank you for never stopping, and continuing to make the game better and better for all of us. (Really happy to see the new Accessibility options! HUGE love here!)

Jumping in... NOW!

Fox.gif.187b66f01ad34f9883041e31f673c7cf.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Ultimately, as long as you get the warmth/protection bonuses properly for worn gear... I argue it doesn't really mater if the character model's hands reflect unique skins for what you currently have equipped (outer jacket and gloves specifically) - besides it would look kind of clunky if it showed you wearing thick rabbit skin mitts while trying to fire a rifle...

No,  if your mittens/gloves does not show on your hands, then you are not wearing them, hence they should add an animation where you rapidly drop your mittens before using the weapon. 

Edited by Torqen

Disclaimer: I know this isn't a hinterland issue. It's more likely due to Microsoft's end. But I've been waiting almost 4 hours for this update and it still hasn't become available to me. Kinda disappointing because with my rural internet connection I'm either gonna have to stay up all night or just wait until tomorrow to play it at this point :(

edit: Xbox one user

Edited by Tbone555

Are you going to add any sort of outside world reminders? I think it would be cool to have radios playing cars during aurora etc. These kinds of things make the you feel really alone in the game environment and I love it!

• Upvote 1

• Hinterland
17 minutes ago, Torqen said:

Nice changes, but I am yet to wonder why the hand animations are still showing bare hands. After several years of development the player characters is still walking around showing bare hands even though mittens/gloves and now improvised rags are supposed to be equipped. My big question is, why? What is so hard about implementing this compared to other objects? It might sound like a small detail, but it actually is not. Walking around and interacting with tools and weapons with bare hands for hours while the temperature indicator is showing below 28 degrees just feels wrong to the core and kills the immersion for me with this game. Also, when will we see more variation in wildlife? Wolverines? Beavers? 

Because getting the clothing represented on the hands/sleeves is a huge undertaking relative to its value, and it's not the highest priority thing on our list currently.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

It's on the way. Sometimes it takes a bit longer for the updates to propagate worldwide on the consoles than on Steam.

"On the way" like today or "on the way" like "we'll keep you posted?" 

@Torqen - I wasn't denying the relevance... just responding to the hostility with a little levity :D 

Besides:

29 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Because getting the clothing represented on the hands/sleeves is a huge undertaking relative to its value, and it's not the highest priority thing on our list currently.

Edited by ManicManiac

Ok so I JUST came home from work and now it's time to hunt down bears with my trusty revolver.
I feel like Canadian Clint Eastwood already! THANK YOU HINTERLAND TEAM!

41 minutes ago, Torqen said:

Yes, and it is very relevant and should be to everyone else too

Wow dude, why exactly do you think that *your* opinion should be relevant to *everyone else* again?

I'm pretty sure gloves texture in the hands is not a priority, and I don't see how it could work anyways with weapons etc. But this is not the place for suggestions either way, there's a place in the forums for that, and it's not here. Check out the "wishlist" section of the forums.

Edited by tommykneip
  • Upvote 2

I love the fact that I was musing about the possible gameplay applications for the revolver just a few days ago... only to find out my wish came true! :D 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:37 PM, ManicManiac said:

I hope the pistol will be an option for struggle mechanics... I can just imagine getting jumped by a wolf and being able to either strike it with the butt of the grip or to just point blank that sucker right then and there.  :)

Thank you Hinterland!  :D 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Triple_D_50 said:

Any word on Ps4 in the US? Saw the update page in the menu, then never got the download. Page gone from menu too.

You're not alone, brother. I'm in Ontario on PS4 and have been hitting the "Check For Update" option on the application since the announcement video went live

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BareSkin said:

What, do you have something against dictatorship?

In post soviet nameless Eastern European quasi state, dictatorship has something against you! 😁

1 hour ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Hahaha! Well, I had to sleep, so...just waking up, loved the video, and extremely hyped to go to Steam, download the update, and see how it goes. 

Thank you for never stopping, and continuing to make the game better and better for all of us. (Really happy to see the new Accessibility options! HUGE love here!)

Jumping in... NOW!

Fox.gif.187b66f01ad34f9883041e31f673c7cf.gif

If the update wasn't today, I could watch that for thirty minutes with a big grin on my face. 🦊

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

2708733_0.jpg.52f067a02a8c92d04d401d869065c57f.jpg

Nice. Finally home from working late, have cracked open a sweetwater, and am about to give it a go. So far It looks great.  I'm particularly excited about the new shooting. Just from the video it looks like they've added relevant tools to the game without moving the game too much toward an FPS.