The day the world went dark.

WARNING THIS STORY IS SOME WHAT GRAPHIC

Also sorry if I dragged this story out this is one of my first fan fictions

It was a clear Friday night in July. I just got back on duty as soon as I got seated in my squad car I heard over the radio, “Possible fire at the Forestry lookout off the highway.” I grabbed the radio and said “Clear copy, Unit 109 in route” I hooked the radio back. I started the car. I then turned on my light bar and pulled out of the station parking lot.

After a few minutes I was on the highway. I came over a hill to see a line of cars parked in the middle of the road, I noticed a squad car parked in the front of the line with there light bar on. I pulled up to the back of the line to see what was going on. I was about to get out when I noticed something that looked like snow. “Is that snow?"I said to my self in a confused voice. Then all of a sudden my light bar and radio started to go crazy turning on and off I leaned over to try to switch off the light bar, the switch not responding. I looked out my window once again only to be met with the “THE AURORA BOREALIS?!"I said with a scared and confused voice.

I opened my car door and stepped out, I started shivering from the cold.
I looked over to see the officer outside of his vehicle yelling at something  “BACK!” I then heard him load his shotgun with him yelling out again “BACK!” before I could even register what was happening I head a loud  “BANG” I Quickly dove into the driver seat of my squad car for cover grabbing the radio and yelling into it with a panicked voice “SHOT’S FIRED EAST OF COASTAL HIGHWAY REQUESTING BACK UP!” I didn’t even take the time to hook my radio back I then grabbed my shotgun from the gun rack beside the driver seat as my heart was racing I was considering leaving the car I head a bloodcurdling scream from the officer that still haunts me to this day. I got out I ran over to see that he was being attacked by a wolf. I yelled out to the people in the car’s “REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLES!” Then I loaded a round into my shotgun and took aim at the wolf that was attacking him “BANG!” The wolf dropped with in seconds. I ran to the officer and checked his pulse... He was dead.

I looked up only to come eye to eye with another wolf then two more came prowling out of the wood’s ,I loaded another round. then the wolf’s charged and my heart sunk, I turned quickly and started running back to my squad car while I was running in between two car’s I tripped the next thing I heard was a deafening “BANG!” the shotgun went off when It hit the ground and fired right next to my ear all I could hear was ringing.

I slowly got up forgetting my shotgun on the ground and started to run back to my car again.When I looked back the wolf’s were jumping over the car hoods and pushing pass each other trying to get me. I made it back my open car door and jumped in to the driver seat and slammed the door closed behind me. I tried starting the car but the battery was dead.

Next thing I know the wolf’s are around my car one jumped on my hood and started to howl while another one went to my door and started biting and scratching away at my window.
I was so scared I didn’t know what to do so I grabbed my radio and said “OFFICER DOWN REQUEST BACKUP EAST ON COASTAL HIGH...” the radio was dead. then in a blink of a eye the aurora disappeared and everything turn off.. and I mean everything.
 I reached for my flashlight on my belt to see that it was also dead. then I said to my self in a panicked and worried voice "Not like this...” then the driver side window started to break and I said again “NOT LIKE THIS!” then in a moment of over coming my fears I unholstered my revolver and took aim at the wolf on my hood. “BANG BANG”
I at least know I hit him once, I don’t know why or what happened next but they just ran back into the woods. After a few minutes of catching my breath and pulling myself back together I unlocked my door and got out and one of the car door’s in front of me opened and a man in his 30‘s stepped out with something in his hand I yelled out “SIR YOU NEED TO REMAIN INSIDE YOUR” “BANG” I did not know what happened. I fell against the front right tire of my squad car. I was cold... so cold... I looked at my chest to see Blood pouring out of my uniform. I looked back at the man to see that he was robbing the other car’s. I looked back at the coast when I heard a loud rumbling sound in the distance, I looked up I could see a large plane flying low out of the bottom of the clouds it flew right over me several seconds later there was a loud  “BOOM” in the distance as the world faded to black...

When I woke up It was morning I was so cold and my hands felt like they were frozen solid then I noticed that there was Three inches of snow around me, I tried to get up and failed. I then got on my knees and pushed against the ground with what little energy I had left in me then a sharp pain went up my spine and I fell to my knees and screamed, but I had to go on so I started crawling to the trunk of the squad car inch by inch leaving a blood trail. when I got the the trunk I reached into my pocket and grabbed my car key’s I reached over and unlock the trunk I tried with all my might again to stand up and I propped myself against the back of the car and opened the trunk and sat in it. I grabbed the emergency medical kit from the trunk I opened it and grabbed the bandages from it. I unbuttoned and took off my bloody uniform jacket and put a rag in my mouth. I started wrapping my wound while screaming and biting down on the rag from the pain. when I was done with that I put my jacket back on while shivering I grabbed my spare winter parka uniform from the trunk after that I looked for my extra water bottle I keep in the back of the car. It was frozen solid. I was so thirsty.

I then limped to the front of the car and sat down in the drivers seat I leaned over and grabbed my map from the glove box.
I rolled out the map on my lap and I could see that the closest town to me was the small town of Milton I then rolled my map back up and stuffed it into my back pocket. Then I realized that my wallet was missing. “Ah great" I said with a sigh as I was getting out of the squad car.
 I looked around on the floor for my revolver that I drop when I got shot. After moving a little bit of snow I found it, I picked it up and holstered it. Then I remembered what happened I looked at the car’s in front of me they were all empty. I limped back to the trunk of my car and grabbed all I could box of ammo a road flare and box of matches, I then closed the trunk.

I started walking down the road passed the abandoned car’s. I then stopped and took a knee over the officer’s body. I brushed off the snow around his badge and name plate, badge number 289 “officer James Richmond” I said with a sigh while getting to my feet. He was the new kid on the force, only been in for two week’s. Honestly in that moment I cried, I could not hold it back anymore, and I though if I was just a little faster I could have saved him... I grabbed a piece of cloth from my pocket and placed it over his face and continued down the road. After ten minutes of walking I could see a sigh “Town of Milton 1km”

THE END

Edited by Ghosty 1944
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1