Milton Mailbag -- Dispatch #30

Raphael van Lierop

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

Both Fluffy and Scruffy come to mind

Only thing there is, both of those names were given to the wolves by the Community, not by the devs. We the people named them, and used the names so frequently to refer to the Special Wolves, that Hinterland appears to have smiled, and said "Okay, so be it...".

And @slvrsrfr, if you want Raph to answer your question, instead of other players answering it, you need to post it in the dedicated Questions Thread for the Milton Mailbag, not here in the comments after Raph publishes one. I would love to know too if any of the devs had "pet names" for any of the critters too. Like did anyone call the bears Teddy, Furball, or Fishbreath? But I am not going to steal your question... please repost it there, and hopefully Raph will answer it. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

both of those names were given to the wolves by the Community, not by the devs.

Fair enough. :)  They were indeed named by the community, I just thought perhaps they counted since the names were sort of universally embraced.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

And many of us call her Fluffy 2.0.  :)

I like to call the one in the ice cave Frosty. Wolves can travel pretty far distances but I think she'd gravitate more towards just staying in the muskeg. Unless they got pushed out by territorial wolves every time she made it to the next region up until they found the cave.

Concerning the question raised by @Raphael van Lierop: I do not read every Milton Mailbag, for a lack of time (lots of work these days). I have stopped asking questions because I do not want to ask something that possibly has been answered in former Mailbags which I did not read. So if more forum members are behaving like me (which I presume), the format may have a tendency to either 'thin out' in questions or get repetitive. Still, I think it's a good format to stay in touch with part of the player base. I further think a little time dedicated to the players in this manner is well invested - to me it somehow feels good to see that the developer is continually in here, paying attention (not that I would presume otherwise in absence of the Mailbag thread, but still it adds to the feeling).

It also adds a little to the general level of activity on these forums. And I think it does the game good to have some life on the forums. Granted, there may be other forums on Steam, Reddit, or whatever. But this forums is Hinterlands' own, the members on average have a deeper knowlegde of the game and behave better. So these forums have a value of their own. Also commercially, I would think.