killable crows?

peepercreeper

i wish you could kill crows in this game you could find crows standing on the dead bodies of animals and they fly away when the player approaches and maybe even make them stunable with stones and harvesting them would give you 20 feathers 1 gut and 05 - 1 kg of meat.

(the meat would give you intestinal parasites)

• Upvote 1

Have you tried loading up with twenty or so stones, locate something dead at the bottom of a cliff and go to the top of the cliff so that the crows are circling right in front of you? Then you can have fun chucking stones at them.

Of course it's useless, but it shows dedication. I did.

5 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

Have you tried loading up with twenty or so stones, locate something dead at the bottom of a cliff and go to the top of the cliff so that the crows are circling right in front of you? Then you can have fun chucking stones at them.

Of course it's useless, but it shows dedication. I did.

I once considered trying that with bow and arrows, but after I had a mental image of hitting myself with an arrow, falling down from the sky, I have reconsidered :D (although I still wonder if one can actually die from hitting themselves with an arrow, probably not, but one can wonder...)

I am not so sure about crows but hunting some birds in the game would be nice. And even birds have guts... :D 1, I would expect, in terms of TLD. Not sure about parasites, but I guess in TLD situation, it would make sense, with crows, being carnivorous. Birds carry various amount of diseases, too. 

I think hitting birds with a single stone would be quite a feat. That said, natives used a weapon for bird hunting called "bola" (innuits called it differently) - which is basically a couple of stones, bound together with ropes into a fan-shaped weapon. You would spin these and then throw at the direction of the bird, the weapon flies and rotates, covering a bigger area then stone would - makes it easier to hit the bird as it attempts to take flight :) 

maxresdefault.jpg

58 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

although I still wonder if one can actually die from hitting themselves with an arrow, probably not, but one can wonder...

Wiki said that arrow death possible iirc. I did test. Fired arrow straight up. waited. Had realization this may actually work. Backed up a few steps. Plunk! Arrow landed right where i had been standing..

I agree that ability to stun/kill crows would be useful(Or at least help with the quiet☺️)..Perhaps not so many feathers but i do like the if you eat the bird you get the parasites factor. As far as the guts, would they be small compared to say a rabbits guts?(Idunno) So it would take 2-3 crow gut to make 1 fresh? 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1