animal genders

peepercreeper

okay, so deers can only be found as males same with wolves, bears and moose what about if you can find deer with no antlers indicating that its a female or bears with slimmer heads maybe a wolf with less neck fluff and even anterless moose? i know its not really na "feature' but we can all agree that small details in games make the experience alot more enjoyable heck! maybe even the ability to harvest antlers!

Edited by peepercreeper

Agreed. Although I can see why they would focus on different suggestions instead. As a small studio, they only have limited resources, so I think Hinterland is more likely to focus on adding suggestions that would bring something new to the game instead.

But I agree with you, it would be nice immersion wise to see some actual deer, and not just bucks in the game, same with moose. As for bears and wolves - the differences between females and males are not that noticeable, so I would not mind them skipping on this that much. Right now, there already seem to be some small "variation" in game in the voice of the animals, and in size - some wolves are bigger than others, and have deeper barks. But the antlers are kind of a big distinction on the animal.

I think the reason why they never added these variations was that they would have to re-animate them a bit to make them look more realistic, and Hinterland in the past had very limited access to animations. Now they have their own equipment and more animators, and they are no longer limited by the schedule of recording studios, so it may be more likely they will eventually add some variations to the animals already in-game.

Guest kristaok

I agree, but I would also LOVE to see Mama Bears with Cubs so they get even angrier! and Packs of Wolves with their young... but I doubt this will ever happen.

1 hour ago, kristaok said:

I agree, but I would also LOVE to see Mama Bears with Cubs so they get even angrier! and Packs of Wolves with their young... but I doubt this will ever happen.

A creepy but impressive way to end a game, crippled by mama bear and thrown to the cubs...

• Upvote 1

Guest kristaok
5 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

A creepy but impressive way to end a game, crippled by mama bear and thrown to the cubs...

but it would be a fun way to enter the loooong dark :P 

Guest kristaok
2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Perhaps in the M rating of the game 😋

I would think that the whole snapping of Rabbits necks would be worse lol... idk though..