Snowballs

Bruh-Ness

I think i'd be great if the player could pick up a snowball just about anywhere outside these snowball could have a small chance to scare away wolves and bears for when the player has no flares or a flare gun. These could also be used to put out campfires. Or just be an item to to play around with.

• Upvote 1

For pure fun, snowballs, or the ability to make snowpeople would be great. But, it has little gameplay value right now. If a full-fledged mental health and wellness system was added to the game, it could be a way of reducing stress levels, and reducing cabin fever risk. But yeah, the possibility of people abusing the feature to build graphically *sensitive* or *obscene* objects... the Terraformer in Subnautica was misused for this purpose for some time. Not that I was one of the people misusing it for this purpose... *ahem cough cough ahem*... (I think I deleted all of those screenshots from Steam... I think...) :D

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

If a full-fledged mental health and wellness system was added to the game, it could be a way of reducing stress

Altho I agree it has little value I was thinking it could be a fun activity to stave off Cabin Fever, maybe staves off a little more then just being outside in general?

Snowballs would not scare off predators, all you would achieve is point their attention to you, maybe even piss them off into attacking you.

Snowmen would not be that horrible of an idea. Some Inuit tribes would hunt Deer by creating huge stone constructs that have a rough shape of a man, in a path of a caribou herd. When the herd gets into the position, an actual hunter would scare the herd in the direction of this wall of "stone men" - the caribou get confused and start running away from the stone men, as the tribal hunters run behind these stone structures and confuse the animals, putting them into panic... as the deer run off into the one "free" locations where the real hunters await with spears, and spear the deer that get too close. Id wholeheartedly reccomend the movie Snow Walker - it is, by far, the closest survival movie to what we know as the TLD story mode :D but this method is seen within that movie.

So instead of rock men, Id build snowmen, then spread black & grey ashes over the snowman to make it stand-out color-wise. Make them look like people, and such structure in the game could work as a "static" scare point for the deer within the game. So you would scare the deer in the direction of these statues, then the deer see em, turn back and run straight in your direction, as you ready the bow for a clean, easy, close-range kill.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2019 at 4:46 PM, Bruh-Ness said:

Thank you all for your views on the matter I'd be all for snowmen too. I play video games for fun and love little things like snowballs and/or snowmen in the games I play. (screwed this comment up plz forgive me)

Edited by Bruh-Ness
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...