Disturbing places

LilWolf

The place that has creeped me out the most was the part of Carter Dam on the Winding River side, where you have to transition across the face of the dam, especially where it's broken, to get to the other side to get back in. I get the creepy crawlies every time, because I get the same feeling when I'm out hiking and actually next to a cliff. Not sure why this triggers the same thing in my brain, but I can tell you, I walk very, very carefully across there... because that is one looooong drop down to the ice below. 😵

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 6:44 PM, kristaok said:

but in reality I wouldn't think that someone would fully rot, decompose, ya know turn to bones if they're in that cold of a climate...

Once I saw a program on tv or yt about Everest and they mentioned that the uncovered parts of corpses of the unfortunate climbers are being picked at by birds who are able to fly that high. There are some crows on Great Bear, so maybe they did the job over the cours of years...

Guest kristaok
14 minutes ago, atomic said:

Once I saw a program on tv or yt about Everest and they mentioned that the uncovered parts of corpses of the unfortunate climbers are being picked at by birds who are able to fly that high. There are some crows on Great Bear, so maybe they did the job over the cours of years...

That makes sense... 

On 4/20/2019 at 3:29 PM, Mroz4k said:

Surprisingly enough, I dont really have that big problem with the Rikken - but the whaling plant? That place makes me uneasy... been mauled by the Whale-bear more times then I can remember... guess its a PTSD by now.

Yep and Yep..I live in the Rikken and embrace the creepy specifically because of that gosh floppin' bear..When I go to Hibernia, I Loot N Scoot! I actually just visited the wolf cave for the first time recently because I wouldn't go on the far side of the factory. Damn bear. Disturbing.Technically.Disturbed.You bet.

As far as that uneasy/spooky feeling... Hibernia (in the main "warehouse" with the huge skeletal remains and gutted machine parts everywhere - looks like Krueger's Hideout) and St. Christopher's church (dead churches are classic spooky).

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1