Multi tool/swiss army knife

NorthernBorn

I mean come on. A multitool can do 90% of what the simple tools can do and weighs a 10th of it. Maybe approach Leatherman about a Long Dark themed multitool to sell in the real world and find in the game....  Just saying!!!  Love the game, keep up the good work!!!!!

23 hours ago, NorthernBorn said:

I mean come on. A multitool can do 90% of what the simple tools can do and weighs a 10th of it. Maybe approach Leatherman about a Long Dark themed multitool to sell in the real world and find in the game....  Just saying!!!  Love the game, keep up the good work!!!!!

You kinda answered yourself there :) 

If the multitool could replace the simple tools at barely 1 tenth of the weight, it would be an item so good that it would, quite literally, disturb the balance of the game.

There are many items that never made it into the game for this very reason. While I can appreciate your idea and realistically, it makes sense, this is still a game as well, and a game needs to remain challenging a bit, so its still fun. Hence, flint or bone tools, for example. Wont make it into the game because it would render forged tools irrelevant.

That said, if multitool was not used as simple tools, but had some other use within the game, I would not mind seeing it added. Naturally, it would have to be balanced out.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:00 PM, Mroz4k said:

Naturally, it would have to be balanced out.

This isn't a tool made for heavy use, so maybe it could take longer to achieve any task + low durability + non repairable ? That would make it a tool for fortune repairs and emergency situations, but not adapted for long term survival. Something that helps survive on the moment, but that you can't rely on and have to keep searching for a replacement.