What do you think about a little chit-chat

Kissodeath

Happy to as well. Always encouraged everyone to hit me up with PMs, if they wanna discuss something, or just talk in general.

But I am so glad you brought this up, as I have recently did a little inquiry on the state of Forums, and forum functions, and how well people know them. Gotta say, the topic did not really lift off so I dont have much opinions yet, but this is something I wanted to point out as a part of it.

There is already a function within these forums that encourages forumers to interact, connect to each other and share activity updates, in many ways it is similar to general social media. Those chat is not really a part of it per-say, if someone makes a topic on their own activity stream, other people can comment on it and even have conversations. You can click someone´s profile, subscribe to them, and should they post on their account stream, you can comment on it as you would on a social media post.

I believe that was the original intent of how to use this mechanic, but most forumers never really made use of these forum options, and for that reason, you dont really see much cooperation and general chatting between forum members.

I'm not a dev but chat has been around since... you had mail lol... remember that .... but should be a easy thing to add make it something you must elect to have so those loners can still be loners i play  Star Wars Galaxies and we have a general chat thats introduced me to alot of characters sometimes i log into the game just to chat buts its a MMO sooo umummm... i never seen it suggested just wanted to throw it out there 

Oh. Not interested, then. Also quite irrelevant, since this is, for all intent and purposes, a single player game in every bit of sense.

If you have the game on steam, you can use the steam chat to do this. I believe there is a live chatroom option. Not sure though.

Guest kristaok

Oh I thought you meant a chat room for here on the Forums, yea I don't think I'd like a chat room in the game sorry. 

Guest kristaok
5 hours ago, Kissodeath said:

yeah would be a gen chat for people playing the game its your game too forums chat just as good im sure

It would never happen because TLD is a Single Player Game only, and Hinterland stated they have no intentions of changing that. So I doubt they'd ever add a General Chat to the Game, because there would be no point. 

As for a Chatroom on the Forums, now that's something I can stand behind. :) 

There is an unofficial TLD Discord, made by someone from the reddit group. No idea how it is, don't use Discord, and don't hang on reddit. But, a quick Google Search finds it, if people want live chat while playing. It is there. And anyone can make another one if they want, on Discord or another free chat service. And Hinterland  has no responsibility  for it, or moderating it. Which is how it should be. Their CMs already have to moderate here, on Steam and a bunch of social media. Live *Official* chat would be one more thing to run a CM or 2 or 3 ragged. 

Use the *Unofficial* Discord, and use it at your own risk.  :)

Archived