Timberwolf Mountain & Centurion!!!

Guest kristaok

Guest kristaok

I am SO proud of myself for finally climbing up Timberwolf Mountain! and I also took the time to make it to 100 days!!! I have ADHD so I usually get bored and end my runs, or I just die lol. Next up is the Achievement for making it to 500 days! I REALLY hope I can make that Achievement! Wish me luck! ❤️ 

While it was never diagnosed in my case, I am fairly certain I have the same condition as I fit all the symptoms (sadly the possibility of getting it diagnosed in here is a very tricky :(). And even though I dont have the achievement, Ive made it past 500 several times (before the game had the achievement, or after in custom modes). So I might have some tips for ya.

What works for me is setting up little goals for myself and then focusing on fulfilling them. Like for example - instead of fixing upon climbing the summit, I give myself a task to reach the engine first, then the 1st rope, then climbing the 1st rope, climb the 2nd rope,getting through cavern, rest at the end, make the final climb. etc... till I reach the summit.

Same thing can be applied to the long-term. Set up general tasks for your next day (hunting, wood collection, fishing, item maintenance, research, indoors item clean-up), and try to finish them. Dont over-stock on anything, try to grab only enough to last a few days so you are encouraged to go look for it again in a couple of days. And take some days just to go out and enjoy exploring, not focusing on survival all the time... Simply going out for a walk on a nice day to admire the amazing artwork and beautiful vista view is one of the best way I find to keep myself interested in a specific save. The game becomes boring when you go 100% serious survival mode, and try to maximalize everything and stretch everything to the limits... Take it easy instead, dont over-stock, dont fall into a boring routine by taking safe trips to explore, and just enjoy "living within the game" :) 

And you will get to day 1000 before you even realize it :) At that point, its just a matter of time spend playing the game :) 

Guest kristaok

@Mroz4k I hope you get the Achievements! :) Thanks for the tips! and you're right, it's best to take my time and enjoy the scenery and so forth. :D 

19 hours ago, kristaok said:

I have ADHD so I usually get bored and end my runs, or I just die lol.

(IMHO)It takes focus and perseverance(to state a few) to climb the summit of TWM..If you were bored, you did not challenge yourself..died..wrong choice(been there lots)...One can only get better by playing a better opponent...ADHD? you focused power enough to circumvent bears, weather and ropes to taste the awesomeness of that tail..have a lil pat on the back while you start a  fire to keep from freezing from the blizzard that came up while you tried to haul way too much gear down the mountain back to that awesomeness we call the mountaineers hut...BTW well done..:hatchet:

Archived