Sign in to follow this  
Ahatch

Have a New Good Interloper Run Going

A month ago I died foolishly on my best interloper run and since then I have died a bunch of times. I had some Desolation Point starts that went bad once I died on the Crumbling Highway and once on Coastal after eating a granola bar and getting food poisoning. A couple TWM starts that went bad , but alas after so many failures I got a decent interloper run going. Started on Timberwolf Mountain good starting point as I entered Cave D (Whiteberry Map) popping out by the Engine. I managed to get some matches off the hop as well as collecting cat tails before making it down to Crystal Lake. I collected all the cat tails/ mushrooms from the lake before heading to Pleasent Valley. I didn't make the mistake I had made on previous attempts dying of starvation at the farmhouse. I managed to make it to the Farmstead in reasonable condition with just the heavy hammer and close to 50 cat tails. I then spent the next couple days on loot runs to the barn, radio tower harvesting a couple dead deer to maintain my condition. Then I made for the Pensant pond and collecting even more cat tails and mushrooms and made the journey to Mystery Lake via the Winding River / Hydro Dam. I still had not found the bedroll but found the hacksaw in the Dam. I was lucky to make it to the trailers to sleep but after another day looting the Hydro Dam  I had to sneak out of the yard to avoid the wolf (who was blocking the trailers). I crawled towards the bridge then made the dash across making it safely to the area by Allan's Cave where I located the bedroll at the hunting blind there. So now I'm at Mystery Lake in one of the little cabins. The plan is to make for the forge while I still have enough food. My condition is very good so far and I have staved off starvation well so far. I manage to get gloves and a toque so no danger of frostbite. This is actually a better start than my best game just hope I don't mess it up. 

• Upvote 2

Well my new run is still going and I did follow through with my plan to visit Forlorn Muskeg to do my forging. So I made my way through all the lake cabins on Mystery Lake looting everything there. Then I went to the Camp Office and cave above the camp office looting some more. Then I made for Trappers Cabin where I stayed a couple days taking a short hike up the unnamed pond. Things went really well and I managed to kill a few rabbits with stones and harvest a couple dead deer. So then I made the journey to Forlorn which went very smooth. Weather was decent so I crossed from the Poachers Camp to the High Blind then to the cave behind the bunkhouse. I collected a boat load of cattails. Currently at the Spence Homestead where I have crafted 6 arrowheads and a knife. I have the permafire going and there's a wolf munching on a deer outside the barn. Kinda trapped here for now will have to figure out a plan to get back to Trappers unscathed. No bow and not enough metal to craft an ax which isn't the end of the world as I managed fine last run without it for over 100 days. Hope I can get out of this cabin and look about here a bit to see if I can find some more metal before my fire runs out :)

TLDNR_2.png

INTNR_1.png

• Upvote 2

Played a fair bit today run is still going, made it out of Forlorn as I decided to pack up used up all the remaining metal I had on arrowheads and made for the same cave I stayed at before . Too many Wolves hanging around Spence Homestead and no way to deal with them. I crossed to Poachers Camp cooked up some mushrooms then made the trip to the trappers cabin. Spent the next days crafting a bow and 3 arrows (as I had 1 maple sapling and 1 birch sapling curing on the floor). I then put the bow to work bagging a deer. Then I made it back to Camp Office where I herded a deer into a wolf then scared the wolf with an arrow. So harvested a second deer. I found the Magnifying glass behind a crate in the camp office which was a big win :D. Plan is to stick around Mystery Lake and pay a visit to the Ravine and go looking for some more saplings as I have just the one maple one. Hope I don't mess this run up.

• Upvote 1

Seems like a great start and if you've made it 100 days before, you know what you're doing.  My last run of 44 days had fuel problems that dissuaded me from chasing game I had shot and ended in me desperately eating wolf and bear meat and contracting intestinal parasites (14% come on!) which eventually led to my body littering some cave for another survivor to pick crow feathers off :(

Keep the struggle and don't mess with the intestinal parasite Gods! lol.  GL to ya 

• Upvote 1

Not going to mess with any wolf or bear meat until I hit level 5 cooking . Harvesting meat 0.5 kg at a time to try to boost my cooking skill a bit faster. I will have to move around a bit between Camp Office , Hydro Dam and Trappers Cabin as deer spawning  dictates. If I play it safe on this run I should easily make a 100 days . Just the travelling about that is a bit scary as your an ambush away from being dead. 

• Upvote 1

Just hit 37 days and doing very well , playing it safe just sort of repeating the same pattern as my last run . I am at level 4 cooking so it won't be long when I can start munching on some wolf meat but for now playing it safe. Living at the back of Mystery Lake . Killed  a few deer and caught some fish on the lake so eating well. I plan to eventually make my way back to the Hydro Dam then over to the Ravine and try to find some Maple Saplings as I have just the one bow. Every time I build a campfire I am super careful LOL 

Up to day 70 doing fine , did a good job of NOT eating bear and wolf meat and just hit level 5 cooking. So playing it safe I was able to find 3 maple saplings near the cabin by unnamed pond behind the clear cut along with a bunch of birch saplings. It's been a uneventful 35 days since I last  posted. I have stuck close to Mystery Lake at the back of the lake. I made a change up from my last run going with the Bearskin Jacket rather than the bedroll. I have killed only 4 wolves so far (avoiding them like the plague and have their pelts all over the place so no wolf coat yet. So the plan is to stick around the Camp Office :) Continue to hope I don't mess this run up.