Longest Interloper run?

Guest kristaok

Guest kristaok

For those who have played Loper, what's your longest run? Please no laughs :P, I can't seem to make it past a weekish! :/ Here's to hoping I can make it to my goals; 50, 100, 500, then a thousand days! 

Edited by kristaok

Had 10 Interlopers, my best one was the seventh: 98 days.

I did statistics, my most probable death cause was being wolfed. So I stopped trying to outrun them and began to take cold damage to avoid them. I took the habit to pause quite often while I walk, to hear for their footsteps. Since last update, howling helps too.

My advice would be: find the most probable root cause to your deaths.

Guest kristaok
10 minutes ago, romerabr said:

You passed the hardest part. Keep up.

Thank you! I think I am better getting the hang of all of this. :D

• 7 months later...
On 4/9/2019 at 9:47 PM, kristaok said:

For those who have played Loper, what's your longest run? Please no laughs :P, I can't seem to make it past a weekish! :/ Here's to hoping I can make it to my goals; 50, 100, 500, then a thousand days! 

Good luck on your journey to 1000 Loper days !

Longest I've gone is 533 days but I know that @stay puft had a 3020 day Loper run and apparently theres a Twitch streamer that has over 10000 days although from what I heard he spent most of the time just fishing and passing time. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, peteloud said:

When people make claims about such things they should include a screen dump of their journal.

I suspect that some people have an inaccurate memory.

I don't know if it's worth doing it. You can fake everything, you can cheat to achieve anything. I guess you just have to trust someone... or not... or just don't care ;)

5 hours ago, peteloud said:

When people make claims about such things they should include a screen dump of their journal.

I suspect that some people have an inaccurate memory.

I assume your talking about @stay puft and although his mind can be clouded sometimes(ask him why his name is really stay PUFT) I can tell you that not only did I see his 3000 day journal but I actually played his 3000 day game so he defiantly did it.

Alot of people have lived that long and longer so I don't know why you think 3000 days is unachievable.

• Upvote 2

Guest jeffpeng

I've got a few dozen of 100-150 days runs. I usually reach my "dose" of TLD once I hit the point were I have mostly looted all the regions, and am set up in my designated long term retirement home (which changes everytime I play). I really do have respect for people having the commitment to go 500, 1000 and more days. I don't have that stamina. It's a bit like sitting on stick isn't hard, but sitting on it for 100 days straight is nigh impossible.

As for the most common cause of "premature departure": The wolf that's almost never there. The idea that I know all the wolves in the game and where they are supposed to be is a rather dangerous thing because sometimes, for whatever reason, they are not where they are supposed to be. Sometimes because they chased a deer, sometimes because they ran from a bear. Sometimes because they chased a deer after running from a bear - and suddenly you run into a wolf at a spot far from where it is supposed to be.

I'm good at planning, and I've dug myself out of some certain death scenarios (Bear attack in HRV in the first in-game-hour of gameplay and still lived past a hundred days, anyone?), but when you are surprised by a wolf with a fatigue meter two thirds depleted, with a blizzard rolling in and night about to fall somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the Muskeg .... you're screwed.

Edited by jeffpeng