This community...

.. Is Really Great, just a heads up to all you folks!

Being an old guy ("remember when we didn't have the Internet, my old friend?"); My first communication (apart from phoning complete strangers in NYC from Europe..) with people around the World (across the pond) was awesome, usually Usenet discussing Quake, Voodoo GFX etc..

Comparing a niche survival game with the community surrounding mainstream games is maybe unfair.. Let's just say the only ARPG that has useful feedback is a certain Diablo2 Forum (who, like me) live in the past..

As an addendum: One of my favorite games (Witcher 3) with so much Lore and moral side quests has 'players' only posting screenshots.. trying to talk about lore or quest consequences gets you down-voted.. maybe just a reddi.. thing.

Enough rambling, ..yes I still play ARPG's at my age..

• Like 2

Guest kristaok

I'll be turning 29 this month and I still play RPGs as well, so yea you're never too old my friend. Gotta love Diablo. ❤️

I also love this community, and TLD game! It's one of my favorite games! :P

• 2 weeks later...

This Community... is so much more than that. It is a Family.  There are MMO Clans and Guilds, who have been together for more years than TLD has been out for, but who are less connected than the TLD Family is in some ways, on any and all platforms. 

Even with our dysfunctions, and our black sheep, we are a Family, not *just* a community. 

Lol, my kids know more about some of my TLD family members than they know about some of their blood relatives. And that is not such a bad thing... ;)

(And Ms. Curry deserves every bit of her fame in Elder Scrolls... she is a real gem, and a sweet lady. Who kicks butt in that game, with humor and style. )

• Upvote 1

I love this community. Made me a better person, so trying to give some of that back now, in any way I can :)  

But, even then, I feel like people here are a bit too scared to chat and socialize beside the discussions of the game... which is kind of sad, because not only the people here are awesome, but the forums also have many different functions that would allow us to communicate, cooperate and socialize much more, but basically nobody uses them right now. Trying to change that, but it's not going so well so far.

16 minutes ago, ogreranger said:

"Pancake Ninja" in the same sentence. 

:hatchet:

Ahahaha, there is at least one YouTuber who goes by "Pancake Ninja", Pancake Ninjas in LittleBIGPlanet, pancake houses and companies that sell Pancake Ninja t-shirts, and a game by the name of Pancake Ninjas, among others. We Pancake Ninjas are not too terribly well hidden, bad ninjas.. bad. :ph34r:¬¬

Seriously, Google Search it. It is amusing, at least for me, hehehe. :D