a Few Ideas (more like what ifs or hopes)

TheUnknown

Well the first idea is simple. What if we could play as astraid? See things from her point of view? See what happened after the plane crash or see the "angry men" Heck even if all it is is 1-2 chapters just would be kinda nice.

Also new food types. Since it seems like all the farms have haybales why not something like old fashion flat bread? Since we also get cooking pots and have stuff like meat and if the flat bread gets put in why not something like stew? Nothing to fancy it will stay in the pot or recycled can untill use. The can will have 1 use something like 200-300 cals and the pot will have like 2 uses (about the same cals but just with 2 uses at that limit so a total of 400).

Also the ability to make char cloth for fires. Incase no one knows what char cloth is. It is pretty much cloth that is burnt in a container to the point of being almost charcoal but without any oxygen so its a piece of cloth that you put a spark on it and it almost goes up instantly like if it was soaked in fuel.  Having something like this would open up more ways to start fires (gives you  10% chance) and gives use to any extra cloth you have if you dont have many matches or the firestriker.

This last idea either for the devs or possibly when the devs are done with the long dark and allow players to mod (supported of course) Some type of base building since we all seem to migrate to a different base or have the same base in each area Being able to make one ourselves to survive in would be nice. This last idea is just a what if that would be kinda cool to see so its fine if no one likes it.  Now nothing to fancy like building a town or anything like that Just would be nice if we could craft a log cabin craft a stove (a 2 pot stove not the 6 pot type) a fire place and other storage containers. Of course i know all this doesnt fit really into the long dark but since it is in the survival genre most in this genre have some type of base building aspect even if its a tiny 1 person hole in the wall.

yes but the astrid part is only taking place after escapeing milton and only going to be in plesent vally. Im talking about everything like you start as her at the plan crush and everything that happens not just 1 section. My idea wouldnt really kick in until they finish the story anyway and could feed into that part they have plans on releasing. and only 1 new food item I know there is 3 chapters left who knows maybe more food will be released with each chapter im just hopping they plan on expanding on it. Thats kinda where i got my idea for astraid from was seeing that they were doing that but it would be nice to see everything not just 1 snippit.

Archived