Wolf conservation efforts pay dividends

Stone

Wolves have suffered greatly in the quiet apocalypse. The disruption to their habitats and behaviour has profound  impact on these intelligent and highly social creatures. Greater conflict with humans has resulted in a shocking increase in negative human encounters which are frequently fatal for wolves as people adopt 'shoot on sight' policies.

In one remote area, a supportive approach is improving outcomes for wolf and human populations. One survivor has taken responsibility for the welfare of these beautiful creatures. Now familiar with their movements, a normal day sees her setting out with a supply of meat to 'check in' with the pack. Each wolf met is rewarded with a modest meaty treat and then sent on their way. This new approach has seen a significant reduction in negative wolf encounters.

She told us: "It's really changed things for both me and the wolves. Now we know each other, the sight of a wolf approaching is comforting. Rather than hoping to avoid them, I try to seek them out on a journey. Once they've had a treat they head off to do their own thing, leaving me to do the same.…"

Local wolves declined to comment on this story.

Tomorrow, we'll hear some more news from the WUTS "Wolves for Un-ethical Treatment of Survivors" rebellion: they say "wolves are not pets", and their memebers' motto is "don't go for the bait, the human is bigger and warmer, and also have guts for dessert".

They acknowledge they're a minority but still, they say "10% of rebels is enough to claim back our territory"

all-humans-will-be-equal-and-itll-be-very-cold.jpg.0166897d207016caba86018b138bbbee.jpg

Genius! Regular feeding will turn into dependence, and with it, allow the weaker individuals to thrive and muddy the wolves' genepools, in a few thousand years time of doing this the wolves will be unable to thrive without human support and THAT is when we pull the chord! Wolf numbers will plummet and, oh, our character probably wont live that long... hahaha. 

I just avoid them and dont feed them when threatened 'cause I dont negotiate with pirates. Say NO to the meat "protection" tax!  :P

This makes me think about a video on youtube, when I was checking about the game "the Forest". In this game, you face cannibals who try to kill you, and the usual way of playing is by fighting them with every weapon you can find and killing them all. But this youtube guy tried to use a pacific approach, and only blocked their attacks, not hurting anyone. Day after day, the attacks got weaker and shorter. Then he could roam almost freely among the cannibals, as their aggressiveness has disappeared. This behaviour can not be random, this has to be intended and implemented into the game from the start.

Could it be possible in TLD ??

I'm still wondering about these words from Raphael, in Milton Mailbag #10 :

Question : Are there any undiscovered easter eggs that no one has found or have mentioned yet?
Raphael : Yes. :)

Archived