The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.47 [45127]

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.47 [45127] to address some issues in the game. 

NOTE: Please be aware there are WINTERMUTE story spoilers in the changelist.

If you encounter issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter.

You’ll find the complete changelist for the hotfix below.

CHANGELIST v1.47 [45127] 

*[All] Fixed issue causing the Stamina Bar colours to be inverted. 
*[All] Fixed issue where the warmth bonus from equipping a lit Storm Lantern or Torch wasn’t being applied correctly in-game. 
*[All] Fixed issue where ice textures could appear distorted in various locations.
*[Survival Mode] Fixed issue causing various shrubs and rocks to float in Pleasant Valley.
*[Survival Mode] Fixed issue where cabinet doors could shift out of place after breaking down other objects in the same interior. 
*[Survival Mode] Fixed issue where ice was missing collision in several locations, causing players to fall through.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the Push/Pull Knife UI text to overlap in German and French during the encounter with Hobbs in Episode One.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing Jeremiah’s Storage Bin outside Trapper’s Homestead to appear sunk into the ground in Episode Two.

###END OF RELEASE NOTES###

• Upvote 7

I'm happy that stamina bar is now showing everything correctly again.

I have a question - will the bug with the head gear slots in the inventory menu being swapped ever be fixed? It feels like it has been in the game forever and I see people making fun of it everywhere. I can't figure out why wasn't it fixed already. Is there a reason or is it just not a priority, currently? Thanks for your response.

• Upvote 4

On 2/26/2019 at 1:37 AM, Azdrawee said:

I'm happy that stamina bar is now showing everything correctly again.

I have a question - will the bug with the head gear slots in the inventory menu being swapped ever be fixed? It feels like it has been in the game forever and I see people making fun of it everywhere. I can't figure out why wasn't it fixed already. Is there a reason or is it just not a priority, currently? Thanks for your response.

What is the bug exactly? I play long dark since early access but still not noticed the issue. Did the effect of breaking wind swapped between inner and outer layer in headgear?

17 hours ago, wolkenwand said:

What is the bug exactly? I play long dark since early access but still not noticed the issue. Did the effect of breaking wind swapped between inner and outer layer in headgear?

i think he's talking about which clothing slot is the outer layer. for pants and coat, the slot furthest away from your body is the "outer layer". but for hats, the slot closest to your body is the outer layer for some reason. like u said it messes with the wind protection, and also protection and waterproof bonus.

10 hours ago, earthy said:

i think he's talking about which clothing slot is the outer layer. for pants and coat, the slot furthest away from your body is the "outer layer". but for hats, the slot closest to your body is the outer layer for some reason. like u said it messes with the wind protection, and also protection and waterproof bonus.

Thanks! Never realize this all this time. Please fix this too hinterland.

Edited by wolkenwand

First time ever commenting on a forum so I might be late to the party, but does anyone else's game run pretty bad (on xbone) since the latest big update? Personally not a fan of the new fire set up, but also I feel any time I start a fire, the game runs like hot garbage. I love this game dearly and only am commenting now to see if others have this problem too. It's not game ruining completely but this game runs like warm dung for me now.

Anyone else?

I feel like alot of this isn't the game itself. But all comes down to the engine. Unity still isn't a very stable engine, and you can see it in other indie games too.  Subnautica, Green Hell, The Forest, Bendy and The Ink Machine..and don't let me start on 7DTD console version. Not to slander in any way, but they all have similar issues and use the same engine. Others like Tacoma or Firewatch, not so much. But they also under-utilize the engine too by being more linear with less gameplay mechanics or AI to worry about. I'm on PS4 and this is simply a Stalker's observation :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 2:55 PM, TheLongDude said:

First time ever commenting on a forum so I might be late to the party, but does anyone else's game run pretty bad (on xbone) since the latest big update? Personally not a fan of the new fire set up, but also I feel any time I start a fire, the game runs like hot garbage. I love this game dearly and only am commenting now to see if others have this problem too. It's not game ruining completely but this game runs like warm dung for me now.

Anyone else?

Welcome to the forums, @TheLongDude!  I hope your performance issue has improved.  

I tried playing TLD on xbox after years of playing on the PC...I couldn't do it.  Using a stick to move a cursor around vs. a mouse is just agonizing to me.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2019 at 4:55 PM, TheLongDude said:

Anyone else?

yep! just made an account to specifically answer you. i tried to play once and the game ran so badly i haven't picked it up since

51 minutes ago, plumturnip said:

yep! just made an account to specifically answer you. i tried to play once and the game ran so badly i haven't picked it up since

You're posting to a thread started before the Steadfast Ranger update (v. 1.48) that saw substantial improvements to the game's performance.  That update has also undergone 2 hotfixes since its release.  It's up to you, but you may want to pick the game up again just to see if the performance on your system has improved.  It probably has.

As @UpUpAway95 mentioned we released a Hotfix yesterday. That update has been sent to Microsoft and should be out soon, so it would be worth trying to see if that has improved your issues: 

If you're still having issues after updating contact us at thelongdark.com/support and our team will see if they can figure out what's going on.

Just now, Admin said:

As @UpUpAway95 mentioned we released a Hotfix yesterday. That update has been sent to Microsoft and should be out soon, so it would be worth trying to see if that has improved your issues: 

If you're still having issues after updating contact us at thelongdark.com/support and our team will see if they can figure out what's going on.

I'm not the one having issues.  The general performance on my Xbox has been good since 1.48.   I was responding to @plumturnip, who was and who just necro'd this thread from April 2.

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unpinned and unfeatured this topic