The Long Dark - Survival Stories

MikeHiker

If someone figured out or noted for himself any reference points, how to accurately aim with a bow, then write, please! I’ve tried to shoot as many times as I could, I’ve also tried to experiment with aiming a lot, but nothing worked. The only time he I hit the deer’s head and killed it at once. That’s all, there are no more results. How could it be if in reality I’m an excellent archer? I know a lot about real bows thanks to https://gearexpertguides.com/best-compound-bows/ and even a like owner of one of them. Maybe, it is something wrong with the game settings?

I think that the improvement of the shooting skills should depend on the conditions. For example, the greater the distance between the shooter and the animal is, the more experience points you get if you hit. Also, other conditions affecting the amount of experience gained should be, such as the difference in height, shooting in bad weather, shooting at a moving target, shooting from shaking hands.

In Pleasant Valley, behind the red barn, there's an archery target. It even usually has a few arrows in it. Practicing with it is a good idea. You can even cheat a little by quitting the game every few minutes, so you aren't wrecking your arrow condition just for baseline practice. 

Archived