The Long Dark, does Art imitate life?

piddy3825

I was doing a little surfing the other day and was checking out a website called Native Art in Canada; An Ojibwa Elders Art & Stories, (www.native-art-in-canada.com) in case you want to check it out.

I was reading on traditional methods of tanning when I came across this entry which I have cut and pasted

In the 1940's, blizzard conditions forced a famous Canadian bush pilot by the name of Wop May, to land his plane on a frozen lake. The landing was so rough that the plane was toppled and the propeller broke. Fortunately the pilot and his passengers were all bush men and knew how to create a shelter and hunt for food. They were lucky enough to kill a moose and weeks later flew home with the original propeller intact. They had made glue from the moose hide and it was strong enough to withstand the tremendous forces that are put on a rotating propeller.

now that got me to wondering was this story Hinterland's inspiration?    Kinda hits close to home.    feedback encouraged and appreciated.!

Cool.  However, I think Will's plane has a few more problems than a broken propeller.  Will is gonna need a lot more than a single moose hide.

I knew a guy who crashed a plane during a storm in the Canadian North.  His passenger was a nurse.  She saved his life and then walked quite a distance on her own to find and bring back help.

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Cool.  However, I think Will's plane has a few more problems than a broken propeller.  Will is gonna need a lot more than a single moose hide.

I knew a guy who crashed a plane during a storm in the Canadian North.  His passenger was a nurse.  She saved his life and then walked quite a distance on her own to find and bring back help.

There you go, another possible story that may have been the spark of inspiration for our beloved adventure survival game.!

Archived