Temperature increasing with movement

Ninjasnigeln

I was going down TWM and starting to get really cold, other parameters were fine. Got me thinking; 

It should be possible to raise your body temperature by moving/sprinting. This is tought in survival schools.

Also,doing this when NOT freezing should make you sweat, and therefor get wet in internal layers of clothing. This might encourage taking of your bearskincoat a hot day if your planning on moving around alot. 

3 hours ago, Ninjasnigeln said:

I was going down TWM and starting to get really cold, other parameters were fine. Got me thinking; 

It should be possible to raise your body temperature by moving/sprinting. This is tought in survival schools.

Also,doing this when NOT freezing should make you sweat, and therefor get wet in internal layers of clothing. This might encourage taking of your bearskincoat a hot day if your planning on moving around alot. 

However, if the activity is sustained for too long, the body can start to struggle to maintain internal temperatures as exhaustion sets in and judgment becomes further impaired.  (I had this happen to me on a cross-country ski trip.)  It is also possible to sweat up your under layers of clothing when engaging in strenuous activity even in very cold weather.  (Same trip... air temperatures were -20C to -25C)  At that point, removing the driest layer and the most wind resistant one (i.e. the bearskin coat) might make the player get colder faster.  There are also a lot of other variables involved... for example, the amount and type of snow that's falling.

I agree with the poster above... I don't think making the player micro-manage their body temperature would make for enjoyable gameplay.

Archived