Milton Mailbag -- Dispatch #23

Raphael van Lierop

On 2/14/2019 at 7:04 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

Question for @bikingviking:

We are open to it, but also fear a "backlash" from players who may not want to see us working on Survival DLC while WINTERMUTE isn't yet finished. It's backed us into a bit of a corner, to be honest. If there was enough confirmed interest and we thought players would accept it (and not review bomb us or whatever) we'd probably do it. We love to add to the game but it does feel like we've been giving away a lot of content for free (for a lot of years). Profitability is not our primary motivation but more $$ means we can add more to the game. :)

@Raphael van Lierop This is a fair point and something I didn't think about. I feel like some of the community backlash (especially re: Story Mode countdown) has been unfair and overblown. But that doesn't change the fact that people were upset and review bombs are no joke. 

You have indeed given us a lot content for free, which is why I brought this up. When I bought TLD in 2014 I got a really great early access game that was more than worth the $15 I spent. When I came back in late 2016 it was basically a new game. Then in 2017 we got Story Mode episodes 1 and 2. In late 2018 we got Redux. And still three more episodes left to go! I love getting nice things, but I also want you to have good cash flow so we can keep getting nice things :) 

Please keep this in mind. I agree about finishing Wintermute before paid DLC, but I also feel like there's a lot of appetite for new content, and people willing to pay for it.

I would like to ask about directing in 1 episode redux.

1) Don't you think, cutscene when you enter Gray Mother's house was removed with no purpose? It seems more logically, if she started shooting after she hears door opening (considering she was attacked by prisoners (blood track and dead prisoner was really intense), you need to show your good intentions first) rather then you enterig her house, looking her peacefully sitting near fireplacem, walking around all rooms and possibly stealing all her staff, coming to her, and only then she's firing, when there is no reason for that. 

2) If you try to enter Paradise Meadows Farm before visiting Gray Mother, it would be closed. Don't you think, opportunity to speak to Hobbs before Gray Mother can take place? Also closed Farm makes question, where did bleeding Hobbs hide before you meet Gray Mother. Maybe you should open Paradise Meadows for visiting it all the time?

Thank you.

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic

Archived