Fish in DP?

scaleslizard1

On 2/13/2019 at 6:43 AM, DerpyLemon115 said:

Don't think fishing huts would be placed in an area like that. Desolation Point is suppose to be an industrialized area where very few people would go normally unless they either work in that area or are driving past along the highway, so it wouldn't make sense for people to build up these fishing huts that next to nobody would ever use.

I see your point, but perhaps the Hibernia Processing Company could have had an annual ice fishing derby event for its employees (you know, as a team building exercise or something like that)... resulting in a few fishing huts having been built in the area.

9 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I see your point, but perhaps the Hibernia Processing Company could have had an annual ice fishing derby event for its employees (you know, as a team building exercise or something like that)... resulting in a few fishing huts having been built in the area.

An annual thing probably wouldn't lead to fishing huts, being only a once-a-year sort of thing. Could be accomplished with a few drills and would just freeze over. No reason for making dedicated fishing huts.

10 hours ago, Willy Pete said:

An annual thing probably wouldn't lead to fishing huts, being only a once-a-year sort of thing. Could be accomplished with a few drills and would just freeze over. No reason for making dedicated fishing huts.

That dependds on the company... I've seen some go to lots more trouble and expense for annual events than it would take to put up a few temporary structures like fishing huts.  They could even be prefab sheds that they just drag out onto the ice once a year.  If you prefer, the event could have beene monthly.  The trailers at the site show that employees would live there while they worked... maybe a week one, week off sort of deal... maybe they stayed onsite for the entire whaling season and would be looking for some recreational activities during their off hours.  The map has a church as well, so it's not totally industrial in nature.  The lighthouse would have had a keeper living there, so maybe a fishing hut there?

Everything changed since the geomagnetic event and the great freeze. Some lone survivor should construct and drag a fishing hut out on to the now frozen water to try find some last way to survive. We plane crash survivors stumble into DP to use the forge for some pathetic arrows and one lone fishing hut for food. Hope we survive one more day.

I also would like a fish hut in DP so I can live there for more than a week after I eat the 3 deer.

I think that every region should have its pros and cons and especially its own difficulty level. Not having access to fishing huts in Desolation Point is more than made up by the fact that you can access a forge in a relatively safe location. This might not seem too important for the lower experiences like Voyageur and Stalker but in Interloper having access to a forge actually is crucial at some point because of the lack of human made tools. Also, DP has been notorious for hosting a lot of predators compared to its size making it a dangerous yet rich location as well if you dare to hunt bears.

Frankly speaking, adding fishing huts to DP would not serve the purpose of this region very well. If you want to catch some fish you should go to Coastal Highway which isn´t very far away from it anyways!

On 2/17/2019 at 12:35 AM, Sito said:

Everything changed since the geomagnetic event and the great freeze. Some lone survivor should construct and drag a fishing hut out on to the now frozen water to try find some last way to survive. We plane crash survivors stumble into DP to use the forge for some pathetic arrows and one lone fishing hut for food. Hope we survive one more day.

I also would like a fish hut in DP so I can live there for more than a week after I eat the 3 deer.

I dunno. I've got a guy who's been living in the stone church for over a month now. It's true that deer alone will not sustain you... you're gonna have to hunt bear and moose and snare rabbits to get it going on... which means mostly bear, though when the moose shows up don't waste your opportunity. There's also tons of rabbits on that map; I've found that having four snares out in one of the rabbit groves makes for a reasonable amount of supplement to the bear/moose/deer diet. Of course, if you don't yet have cooking 5, you're going to have to moderate your bear intake in order to minimise your parasites risk... which is why you'll want the snares. I'd suggest that in early going you should go for six or eight snares in two different groves (i.e. three or four snares per grove) to ensure you get enough calories from rabbit that you only need to eat one 1Kg chunk of bear every 24 hours.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:33 AM, scaleslizard1 said:

Hey, I just got to Desolation point in my survival game, and found that there are no fishing huts. So can we please get some fishing spots in DP? It would make the reigon so much more interesting and actually give people a reason to stay there instead of just popping to forge some tools. 

i feel your pain my man.  i posted darn near the same sentiment when DP was first introduced  and many of us in the community would love to see just one, just one little fishing shack on the ice at DP.  But since we are at the forge, maybe we should just ask for Hinterland to give us an ice auger and let us core holes in the ice anywhere we want to.  no shack, just a nice round fishing hole on the ice.  

Archived