Honest feedback from a big fan

michael_martin

I've been playing the game since it first came out on XB1 preview. I think that the skill books, at least some of them, should go back to the way they were before. "The Frozen Angler" for example, had an awesome illustration of a guy ice-fishing, holding a dagger to defend himself from predators. It was way better than this boring fishing book, that currently looks like a children's book or something. I think the skill materials looked more realistic before. Now they look as if they are all made by the same company, with very little artwork?

Somewhere out there, a graphic designer weeps now. A trully honest feedback :) Not sure I would put this into wishlist as it is not much of a new content, but I guess it fits the definition of a wish :) 

I dont think the artwork is that bad, but I agree that with some skillbooks, I liked their design before more. I think the main reason why so many things were changed in the game was because back then, the graphic designers didnt have too much work on their hands. Back then, the studio was limited by the recording studio schedule and the accesibility to rented recording equipment. That is why there are so little animations in the game so far. Well, now they have their own.

I dont agree with your point on materials, I think those are made quite well. But, maybe we dont really understand each other there - not quite sure what you mean by skill materials.

Everything was made by the same company, the Hinterland. They have their own graphic designers. The artwork is, in my opinion, purposely done minimalistically, as it further evokes the nature of the game - simple, functional, not very decorative. I dont think it took little effort at all, quite the contrary, in fact.

Archived